I’m a Stranger

Have you heard of Justin Hackworth? He is a local photographer here in Utah and does amazing work. (Maybe you’ve seen some of his pictures of Nie Nie or Designmom?)
Anyhoo, for the past 3 years Justin has done a project called 30 Strangers to raise funds and awareness for the local Women and Children in Crisis center. Justin takes photos of 30 strangers for the month of April. The participants are chosen randomly from comments left on his blog.  I’ve entered for the past 3 years and this year I was chosen! I was so excited because I think Justin’s images are wonderful.  My mom and my girls accompanied me to our shoot on Monday. You can see some of our pictures here.
I am looking forward to seeing more. I have a history of bad luck with photographers. Photographers lost my Jr. Prom pictures, my high school graduation picture, and some of my wedding pictures! I’m glad to know I am in good hands this time with Justin.
And to make Justin that much cooler, his wife is named Amy AND she is a quilter. (A fine combination, no?) She took this photo. While fortunately I officially qualified as a stranger to Justin, I have met Amy briefly a couple of times. Including the time she was there to reassure me in line at Costco one day when the older woman ahead of me complimented me on the lovely children I was with and asked me if they were my grandchildren.

Thank you, Hackworths!

prsd4tim2
    April 16, 2011 at 7:38 am

Oh, I love the photo. Both of them actually. I know you'll enjoy the family pictures. My family took some last summer when we were together that I just love. And I can really relate to the spools of thread – I'd like to frame that one for me. Very cool. Enjoy!

Laura
    April 16, 2011 at 7:47 am

beautiful pictures!

Laurie, the girls and Scott
    April 16, 2011 at 8:33 am

For real? Grandchildren? This wouldn't happen in CA. They would have asked you if you ran a daycare. I have only three kids and it happened to me. (You will be a very foxy granny one day far, far in the future.)

Mauri
    April 16, 2011 at 9:17 am

Very cool! My friend Jane was day 3 or 4 in the project. Funny how I know two people in his project this time. Love the pictures.

Char @ Crap I've Made
    April 16, 2011 at 9:36 am

Saw the pics on FB and LOVED them.

madebymum
    April 16, 2011 at 10:45 am

great pics so natural

DeeRoo
    April 16, 2011 at 10:47 am

Grandmother? Are you kidding me? That lady must not of had her glasses on because you look like a little kid…in photos and in person!:)<br /><br />I love your icon photo too!!<br />xo

SewSara
    April 16, 2011 at 11:00 am

i saw your pic on facebook! (i&#39;m friends with him) — so cool!!

Kim Walus
    April 16, 2011 at 11:33 am

How FUN!! I loved the pictures he took of you, your mom, and your daughters. What a neat experience!

Andy
    April 16, 2011 at 10:42 pm

That photo of you and your daughter is so sweet – and the one with your mom and daughters is priceless – really! I don&#39;t think enough families take photos that include ALL generations.

Jackie
    April 17, 2011 at 6:30 am

Love the photos! Although, I just can&#39;t believe anyone in their right mind would think that you are a grandmother!!

a little bit biased
    April 18, 2011 at 12:16 am

I&#39;m baffled at the fact that someone has asked you if you were a grandmother! What the heck???Maybe what was in her head and what came out of her mouth got mixed up?!? I&#39;ve been asked on several occassions when I was &quot;due&quot; when I WAS NOT pregnant. I don&#39;t know what&#39;s worse, but I can empathize with you. Don&#39;t worry though. That lady was crazy to think they were

Petit Design Co.
    April 18, 2011 at 7:30 pm

bwahaha that grandma comment is so ridiculously funny!

amylouwho
    April 18, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I love them too! Amy is a doll and Justin too! I was so happy when I saw you got to be a part of the project!!

Mrs. Hahn
    April 19, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Please see my site, I would like to award you the Versatile Blogger Awardโ€ฆ<br /><br />http://minimatisse.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html