Lori Holt – Quilter Extrordinaire

Sandy Klop was not the only incredible quilt maker/fabric designer at the retreat a couple of weeks ago. Lori Holt was there as well. If you don’t know Lori, you soon will.

Here is Lori, busily working away at her happy dresdens.
She was sewing away getting ready for Market in May using the fabric from her first fabric collection, Sew Cherry for Riley Blake. Lori’s style is classic vintage and her fabric is perfect for any vintage inspired projects. So sweet.  Keep an eye out for her fabric to hit shops in the coming weeks!
All the most important supplies in place. Lori has a wonderful blog Bee In My Bonnet where she shares lots of vintage happiness. She even sews with a vintage Featherweight machine.

Lori is not new to the quilt design business.  She has been designing  incredible appliquéd quilts for over a decade.  This is one of my favorites – it’s called Grandma’s Kitchen. I love all the retro apliances and other comfortable kitchen nostalgia.

Here are some others at a recent trunk show at American Quilting. From left to right: Paper Dolls, Comforts of Home and Family Reunion.  Lori’s blog has a list of sites where you can order her patterns online. (Look down the right hand column of the blog.)

Here’s some of the detail from the Paper Dolls quilt. I can’t even imagine possessing the creativity or the patience to create such amazing works. Fabulous.

Good luck with your final Market prep, Lori! Can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

Comments

I LOVE her blog! I wish I had a fraction of her talent! Look forward to seeing her fabric in the quilt shops. That is awesome that you got to meet her! She is definitely going places. :-)

Lori is so super talented! I hope to take one of her quilt classes someday. In the meantime, I'm working on her Woman's Work quilt. That is to say, I have half of the blocks finished, and hope to get back to do the rest soon. My goal is to finish the top by the end of June. Then I have two other of her patterns to do. I'm sorry I missed her trunk show at AQ! Love her new Sew

Oh goodness I love her dresden platss. That fabric is SO cheerful! <br /><br />You must click over to her blog and see the lawn chair pincushions she made! I am drooling at the cuteness.

You know that Lori is one of my most favorite people in the whole world! Thanks for showing me pics from the retreat of her. I&#39;m so excited to get my hands on her new fabric line.

Lori is just amazing…wonderful patterns and now fabric too! Not to mention, she is one of the nicest people you&#39;ll ever meet! Great post!

Awwww…Amy. You are the sweetest.<br />Thanks for the bloggy love:)<br />xx<br />lori<br />P.S. my post today might really interest you…i&#39;m betting on it:)