32 In denyse schmidt/ fabric

Two worlds collide: Denyse Schmidt at JoAnn Fabrics

(photo shamelessly pilfered from Lori Holt)
People. Did you hear that Denyse Schmidt has a new line of fabric at JoAnn Fabrics? Yes, you heard me right.  I read it today on True Up and Bee In My Bonnet. Lori even has said fabric in her possession. (Check Lori’s post to see more pictures and colors.) I have to admit I didn’t love Greenfield Hill (forgive me if that sounds blasphemous.) But this stuff is calling my name.
Lori also assures that the fabric quality is good and is found in the Fine Fabrics section. It retails for $9.99 a yard.
Wouldn’t you know it, it’s Spring Break around here.  “Hey kids! Let’s bag the zoo and go to JoAnn Fabrics!”  uh . . . probably wouldn’t get a very welcome response. But next Monday, I am there. Coupon in hand.

Kim
    April 12, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Not at my Joann's :o( I just called and it is not on the truck today! I will be stalking them :o)

Rebecca
    April 12, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Yipeee 🙂 I'm really glad to hear it's good quality! I worried about that when I heard they were carrying her fabric!

Anna
    April 12, 2011 at 12:12 pm

yessss! my nearest joanns is an hour drive away. 🙁 I called and they didn't have it in yet, I'm waiting – impatiently, like a fabric stalker.

randi
    April 12, 2011 at 12:18 pm

My hubs is presently at Joann's buying me some! He happened to be in the town where the store is located today. Yeah!

Leila
    April 12, 2011 at 12:24 pm

I love the reds! Also the Lecien red and white print below. Beautiful.<br /><br />I feel for you soccer mom. I when I signed my daughter up for T ball a few years ago I said I could be assistant coach if they needed me (I am a good organizer, even if I can&#39;t throw a ball) and I ended up being coach. Oh, and I was 5 months pregnant. I didn&#39;t feel like I made a very good coach, but

Marilyn
    April 12, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I won&#39;t buy fabric at our Joann&#39;s though. They cheat us. Sad to say. They stretch the fabric and then cut it so close to their thumb they practically cut it. When I ask them to remeasure always they have been short. So sad. We have two other shops in town that give 3 to 4 inches more over what we ask for. Generosity pays off as that is where I buy my fabric. (And

Mary Jo
    April 12, 2011 at 12:30 pm

I&#39;m going to check out the Joann Fabrics near me this afternoon. I&#39;m not that familiar with all the designers yet, are there others that are regularly carried at Joann&#39;s?

julia
    April 12, 2011 at 12:54 pm

i&#39;ve found out this morning on flickr…and immediately posted a shoutout on my blog to us friends…too bad joann&#39;s isn&#39;t selling it on their website. but then, they don&#39;t ship internationally :(.<br />my fingers are crossed that someone will listen …because these fabrics are calling my name, too!

Pinkadot Quilts
    April 12, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I will admit I bought 12 yards of the fabric today! Nice quality very like her other lines….

joliesjunebugboutique
    April 12, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Mine doesn&#39;t have it either….

Happy Cottage Quilter
    April 12, 2011 at 1:31 pm

I went today, and there was NO sign of this fabric anywhere. And we have an ETC store 🙁

amylouwho
    April 12, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Soooo cute!! I&#39;m going to have to get over there. Wishbit wasn&#39;t so far away!

Kim
    April 12, 2011 at 2:52 pm

I retract my previous statement! I have some and it is beautiful! Good color and quality! Amy, it is worth the drive :o)

Cindy
    April 12, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I saw Lori&#39;s post this morning and was heading to my closest Jo-Ann&#39;s (1/2 drive) today anyways. I didn&#39;t ask but I did not see any of it anywhere! I too will be stalking!:) Thanks Amy!:)

Erin @ two more seconds
    April 12, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Amy, I bought a bunch of it at the Orem store this morning. It&#39;s so pretty in person! <br /><br />For anyone that&#39;s interested here&#39;s a group on Flickr where people have been listing which stores they&#39;ve found it at (in the discussion threads)<br /><br />http://www.flickr.com/groups/dsquiltspicnic/

QuiltyGirl
    April 12, 2011 at 3:42 pm

I didn&#39;t like the last line at all. But this stuff is beautiful! I was just there yesterday, but I wasn&#39;t looking for it. I may have to go back tonight!

Carol T
    April 12, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I never find bright and cheery fabric at my Joann&#39;s. All they have in the fine quilting area is dark and not my type.

A Plain Path
    April 12, 2011 at 5:34 pm

We have a new Joann&#39;s closer to my house. Yippee! Wonder if they are carrying her fabric. Will have to check!

Kristen
    April 12, 2011 at 7:05 pm

So vintage! So yummy! <br /><br />I agree about the Greenfield too- not my thing! How dare we! 😉

pinksuedeshoe
    April 12, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I was at Joanns yesterday afternoon and saw some gorgeous prints. And wouldn&#39;t you know it, they were hers. The fabric feels like butter, it is so incredibly soft! Now I wish I had bought some of it…. I better wait for some more coupons though 🙂

tracy_a
    April 12, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Ok – I bought some. I could not resist. <br /><br />But I don&#39;t think the base fabric is as nice – the weave is not as tight as I am used to from quilt-shop-cottons. But – it is drapier. Also – it is priced at $10/yd – which I expect at a quilt shop (with better service, better cuts, no &quot;take a number&quot;) – but there are 50% off coupons this week/weekend.<br /><br />Still – not

SewSara
    April 13, 2011 at 2:10 am

You know I work there – so of course when I saw them, I about died! I didn&#39;t even realize they were Denyse Schmidt cuz it just said &quot;DS&quot; on the end ofthe bolt and i didn&#39;t take a close look. !!! wow – yay!!

Kristie
    April 13, 2011 at 7:33 am

Oh, that is amazing!!! And ditto on the Greenfield Hill, by the way.<br /><br />Can I bribe you? We don&#39;t have JoAnn&#39;s up in Canada….would you be willing to buy extra when you go on Monday and sell it to me via your etsy shop?? I would loooooove to get my hands on some! Fully serious here 🙂

Live a Colorful Life
    April 13, 2011 at 3:50 pm

My friend went shopping yesterday and bought some of everything they had, for both of us (I LOVE friends like that). She went back today and all the dots are gone. Gone! I heard there are 21 prints and we are missing five of them, but still, having 16 is pretty good!

Kristin @ wRIte iT DOwN
    April 13, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I am so glad I saw this post. I went to both of our Joann&#39;s (in Orlando) and I think I have the entire line – 21 prints. Love these!!!<br />Some more pictures are towards the bottom of my latest post <br />http://kheaney-writeitdown.blogspot.com/2011/04/another-wip-wednesday.html<br />Kristin

Brita
    April 14, 2011 at 7:11 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

Brita
    April 14, 2011 at 7:12 am

It&#39;s really pretty. But who would ever have thought fabric at Joanns would be $9.99 a yard!?!?! Faint.

Letterpress
    April 14, 2011 at 7:44 am

I agree with Marilyn. The cutting thing is ridiculous. Once they cut off the last 1&quot; of fabric on the end of the bolt, rather than including it in my (five yard) purchase. <br /><br />I have mixed feelings about this, as I think our little quilt shops should be the places we go for fabrics–or reputable online shops. I am not a fan of JoAnn&#39;s quilt fabrics!

Quilting Mom
    April 14, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I went to the Joann&#39;s near where I live and they only had part of the line. I purchased small amounts because I wasn&#39;t sure about whether I liked it or not…I wish they would have had all of the line because I couldn&#39;t purchase the tiles and that was what I really wanted!!

tropicslady
    April 15, 2011 at 5:56 am

What section is everyone finding these fabrics in? I went yesterday (Melbourne, FL) and couldn&#39;t find any – and the folks that work there couldn&#39;t help me. Are they mixed in with the calicos on the walls? Thanks!

Sasha
    April 16, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I just went to JoAnn&#39;s =D I&#39;m new to sewing, so looking online is even more overwhelming than in person! I picked up a few yards of this fabric (since I don&#39;t have any) and it is soooo soft!! There wasn&#39;t very much of it though…only about 1/2 of a small shelf, but the shelf below was empty, so maybe they are getting more?

sezy
    June 14, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Any Aussie quilters who are looking for this fabric – I found it at Spotlight for AU$16.99 (with 20% off!). I was so excited! <br /><br />Amy – I love your blog, I&#39;ve only just started quilting and I&#39;m 30 and my friends think it&#39;s a hobby for grannies 🙂 Thanks for sharing. <br /><br />Sarah, Perth, Western Australia