Easy Bricks Quilt Tutorial

Today I am sharing a tutorial over at Moda Bake Shop with simple steps to make this easy Bricks quilt. I love the simplicity of this quilt and using the Bella Solid Charm Packs and the Layer Cakes makes the quilt come together SO quickly.  It’s a great quilt for beginners or anyone who needs to make a good-looking quilt, fast. It works well in lots of different types of fabric too. Here is a version I made out of Denyse Schmidt’s Hope Valley last summer. The fabric choice can take this look from traditional to modern.
The Bricks quilt only requires 42 10″ squares, so technically only 1 Layer Cake, but I used 2 layer cakes for this project because I wanted to only use the prints that would really contrast nicely against the white solid. So what to do with 42 beautiful leftover squares? Make a second quilt!  This one is still a work in progress, but I have the top pieced. I just need to add the borders now. I used the Hour Glass Pattern available in my Pattern Shop.  (The only modification to that pattern is that I used 42 10″ squares instead of 48 – thereby taking off one row of 6 blocks.)
I just love that Strawberry Fields collection – I think it’s one of my favorites of the year. And I love that I have two different looks from the same collection. This quilt was quilted by my far more talented friend, Meridee.
If you want to get an exclusive kit at a great price to make the same finished quilt and pieced top that I’ve made, visit Leah at Burgundy Buttons. But go soon because you know what they always say: Supplies are limited. And truly, with the Strawberry Fields frenzy out there, supplies are probably more limited that usual.
Happy weekend. I’m starting to feel like a zombie. But an excited zombie.

What a great tutorial! I love that it is simple in piecing and will show off fabrics really nicely. THANK YOU for the work you put into this and sharing :)

I love both quilts! And I love the 2 for 1 aspect too. Thanks for the tutorial. Can&#39;t wait to try it. And congratulations on being on MBS.<br /><br />It was nice to meet you today at Quilt Market.

I want to say Thank You. I love so many quilts I see and wonder how many more patterns I need to buy. Thank you very much for your kindness to give us one of your beautiful quilts. I&#39;m looking forward to making that Strawberry Fields quilt that you show there, another favorite!

I cannot buy one more quilt kit. Not until I finish up a few (HAH!) that are in my sewing room. I am easily distracted. My only downfall!<br /><br />It was fun seeing you today at the meet up! I&#39;ll see you again in the fall! Woot!

I loved this quilt. Simple, but really eye-catching. I had a Collection for a Cause layer-cake and some cream charms that I am going to use. <br /><br />Must say I do not go to too many blog sites – your&#39;s is very interesting – thank you for the tips and great patterns. I will be back – I have saved your blog to my favorites.

This is one of the easiest to follow tutorials I have found online. I think this quilt is very pretty and I&#39;m sure that a lot of quilters out there will have a fun and stress-free time in making this quilt. :)

Thank you *so* much for this tutorial. I made this quilt with the Sew Cherry fabric line, yesterday, and posted. I will post the quilt in the next day or so. I can hardly wait to order the batting and complete the quilt. :o)<br />I will certainly use this tutorial again! Thanks again!! :o)

I just finished! I&#39;m so geeked I hope my BFF likes it.<br /><br />I wasn&#39;t sure where to post that I made this one. I went to the Moda Bake Shop as well.<br /><br />I will try to post a pic in the Flickr group.