Soul Blossoms Quilt

Finally, a project to share. Remember when this quilt was on my design wall? Well this weekend I finally finished the Soul Blossoms quilt. When I started this project I think I was only moderately excited about it but as I’ve worked on it this quilt has grown on me by leaps and bounds. Now I love it and wish we didn’t have to part.

This quilt was made for the shop where I work partime.  We needed something using the fabrics from this Amy Butler collection. The shop didn’t order the whole collection and I threw in a few other prints that with smaller designs just to balance out the bigger ones.  The white helps to tone things down a little bit too.

We used the peacock feather print for the back because we have a couple of bolts of this print. If I was keeping it for myself, I may have picked something different.

Now I just need to assemble kits and write a pattern.  I’ve actually used this design before, but with a totally different look. It’s a very basic design, but I love the way it shows off the big, bold prints.
As I mentioned before, I took on this project because the bolts of these fabrics weren’t moving at the shop. I enjoy that challenge – taking something that isn’t selling and using it to create something I like and I hope others will like too. I must get that from my quilting fore-mothers who ‘made it do’ with pieces from the scrap bag. But it’s probably silly comparing pieces from the scrap bag to luscious bolts of Amy Butler prints.
Pattern finished and available in my pattern shop.

Comments

wow, this is really beautiful! I'm a huge fan of AB but wasn't too crazy about this line. this quilt changes my mind! it's gorgeous and you showcased the fabrics beautifully!

WOW!!! Your quilt is gorgeous and I bet Soul Blossoms is going to be flying out the door once the shop dispays it. Great photos!! I would have trouble parting with it, too.

Oh this is my kind of quilt – big and bold and makes a great statement! It's really beautiful. It looks gorgeous where you live – love the mountains just peeking over the yard fence.

Looks gorgeous Amy. I hadnt bought any of this range and I wasnt all that excited about it. But seeing it in your Quilt.. Im wishing I had. Its beautiful! xx Bec

Beautiful! It's a great pattern and it really highlights the fabrics… I'm sure those fabrics will sell like crazy now!

I love the pattern you used and the big "pops" of color. I'm sure that your finished quilt will be very popular with the quilt shop customers!

Oh, good! You kept the blue polka dots sashing squares!! I LOVE the quilt!!! Will the kits be the same fabrics as this one? If so, I want one. But I live in Florida – does the shop ship?

Love the big, bold prints and the white &quot;settles&quot; everything down. Beautiful :)<br /><br />LOVE your quilts and your blog :)

This is a wonderful pattern for this great fabric. Who wouldn&#39;t love Amy Butler fabric! I can&#39;t imagine it not flying off the shelf, It will when they see this quilt!!

Yes, that always amazes me how something that pretty just doesn&#39;t move at all but make an example…show them what can be done and bam!…out the door it goes.<br /><br />AND what is nice about a line like that is you can just do something simple and come out with something smashing!<br />Great job!<br />xo

I actually really like this fabric. I won some and was thinking about the best way to use it. I was thinking purses/bags, kids clothes, but I really like your quilt, so I am probably going to go with something like that. I should have some left over for bags or clothes. Wonderful, thanks!

I always have a problem picking fabric, but this all goes together so beautifully!<br />I want to make one of my very own!<br />Biz

This is gorgeous. I voted against the blue dots (I was *sure* they weren&#39;t right), and that just goes to reinforce that I know absolutely nothing about combining fabrics. Looking at the finished project, it was the perfect choice.

What a clever way to showcase all of those gorgeous large-scale prints and manage to calm them down a bit, too. I actually really like the fabric for the backing!

15. Anonymous says

Hi Amy, sadly the link to the pattern does not work. Is the pattern avaiable and is it for using a layer cake? I like the quilt very much.I fell in love with the summer house fabrics and I think this would be the perfect pattern!<br />Greetings from Germany, Inka<br />inka(dot)mangels(at)elaborate-consult(dot)de

I think you&#39;ve solved the &quot;fabric isn&#39;t moving&quot; problem. It&#39;s beautiful. Lovely work.<br />Mwa!<br />April

great way to use these fabrics together! My LQS ordered the whole line and is having a similar problem. I should show them this. The white really does break it up and make the prints stand out! LOVE!

Hi Amy just on the off chance I don&#39;t suppose the quilt shop you work in has any fig tree buttercup fabric? I am itching to buy some.<br />love J

This is utterly fantastic! I think I&#39;d also enjoy the challenge of designing a quilt using fabrics that aren&#39;t selling in a shop. You&#39;ve showcased them beautifully!

This quilt is FANTASTIC!!!! Really. I am floored and want it for my daughter. So, so beautiful. You are extremely talented. I found you through Tip Junkie. Thanks for sharing.

Such a stunning quilt, I adore Amy Butler fabrics, and you definitely did them justice! *sigh* It&#39;s just so dreamy! I&#39;ll have to pin it for sure ;)

If I saw this at your shop, I would so buy up the kit to make this lovely! It came out darling and I love the backing. It&#39;s wild like me. Thanks for sharing!

This is such an eye catcher! The prints are so well balanced and the white boarder just keeps is all pulled together. Nice finish!