Wee Woodland Quilt

This is another little quilt I put together for American Quilting where I work occasionally.  This week AQ is participating in a shop hop with a bunch of other stores in northern Utah.  So I’ve been madly assembling kits and writing patterns. I seem to do this every year.  A couple of years ago it was the Sandy Klop hexagons and the vintage stars.  Last year it was Denyse Schmidt Hope Valley.

The fabric for this little quilt is called Wee Woodland and came out from Moda last fall. I’ve always liked this collection and the shop still had a bunch of the fabric so we decided to do a simple baby quilt. This quilt is uber-easy – it lets the fabric do all the work! Which isn’t hard for these cute prints.

The kit for this quilt is available at American Quilting (801-802-7841) for $24 and includes everything except the backing fabric. 1 1/4 is required for the back. The quilt finishes at 42″ square.

Also finally available: the Soul Blossom Quilt kits.  The finished quilt measures 67.5″ x 82″.  The kits cost $88 and include everything except the backing yardage. The back requires 4 yards and there is yardage available at the shop.  The pattern is included with the kit.

I am still finishing the pattern to sell and plan to have it listed by Monday.  I have to tweak it from the one included with the kits because I need to give yardage measurements for cutting your own. Stay tuned – almost there!

I will be working at American Quilting Saturday morning from 10:00-2:00. If you’re out shop-hopping, stop in and say hi!

In other totally unrelated news, my daughter made oatmeal butterscotch cookies two days ago and I think I managed to single-handedly consume half of them.

Comments

Beautiful quilts – thanks for the reminder that baby quilts can be simple! And I don't blame you about the cookies – don't they taste better when someone else makes them?

I also love the Wee Wonderland fabric. I have used it with the black background. Beautiful fabric!<br />I also love the Soul Blossom quilt!

I love the wee woodlands line! I found it when I was visiting a friend in milwaukee, wi. I had to buy a charm pack and some coordinating shot cotton to make a cute baby quilt.<br />I also LOVE your soul blossoms quilt. I&#39;ve been wanting to make a quilt with blocks set on point ever since you blogged about this quilt. :)

Did your daughter make Oatmeal Scotchies? (the recipe on the back of the Nestle&#39;s Butterscotch morsels) Everytime I&#39;ve made this for a party or at home, people rave about them. The smell of those butterscotch morsels is so good. <br />I love that Chain Link quilt, by the way. <br />I&#39;ve never made a quilt, but I hope I will.

Oatmeal butterscotch cookies could be the death of me. I&#39;m amazed at your restraint to stop at only half a batch. :-)<br /><br />That soul blossoms quilt makes me so happy to look at. I used a few of those fabrics in a quilt that I made for a teenager a few months ago, and they were a blast to work with. So bright and fun!! Love your take on this quilt…the large squares really show off

What? I missed a shop hop? Dang. I would have totally come and visited you Amy. <br />Hey, can you share the recipe for the butterscotch oatmeal cookies? I&#39;m growing tired of my usual chocolate chip :)