I sewed!

A very good day around here yesterday. I actually pulled out my sewing machine and started a new project! This one is for a new baby niece coming in September. I love this collection from Lily and Will II by Anne Sutton for Moda. Anne Sutton is such a lovely person – I got to meet her briefly at Market and she was so kind.

It felt so good to get out the rotary cutter and sit at my machine.
But not until I single-handedly filled about 63 of these suckers. And I have the sunburn/farmer tan to prove it!
And to top it all off, these goodies arrived from Poppy Seed Fabrics. Mmmmm…
A very good day indeed. Some of us crashed hard after so much fun.

Comments

Hahahaa…I&#39;ve had a few naps like that too!;)<br /><br />Saw your photo and Dana&#39;s on the Sewing Summit roster….I felt like I know two rock stars!;)<br /><br />That&#39;s going to be a lovely quilt…we have a bit of that line left in the shop and it is so soft and lovely for a child&#39;s quilt!<br />xo

Love the water balloons! =) <br /><br />It&#39;s sew nice to sew…summer has limited that activity in my life…but when I get too, it&#39;s sew refreshing. =)

That last picture is hysterical! Amazing where kids can fall asleep isn&#39;t it?! Glad you got some sewing in! My 2 boys are home all summer too, and I&#39;m &quot;sew&quot; lucky that they&#39;re older, but it&#39;s still hard to find time…

That pic is hilarious. That is one to hold onto for his wedding reception.<br /><br />Happy sewing. I&#39;ve been helping my 12 yr old (when did they get so big, I&#39;m scared for 7th grade) with two sewing projects. Its been fun to work with her and teach her.

I love your new fabric arrivals, especially the circle one. <br />I came over after seeing your orange quilt on Stash Manicure. You did a great job quilting it. I would love to see the &quot;other front&quot; on it. Maybe I will find it on your blog

I hopped over from Stash to tell you that I love your orange quilt. Is there a blog post where we can see both sides? Lovely!<br />Jacque at Lilypadquilting<br />quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

I can totally understand . . .matter of fact I feel kinda sad when there are long periods &amp; I am not able to sit &amp; sew. Nice colors for your new project; I am certain baby will love that feel next to their skin. Get sewing!