I sewed!

A very good day around here yesterday. I actually pulled out my sewing machine and started a new project! This one is for a new baby niece coming in September. I love this collection from Lily and Will II by Anne Sutton for Moda. Anne Sutton is such a lovely person – I got to meet her briefly at Market and she was so kind.

It felt so good to get out the rotary cutter and sit at my machine.
But not until I single-handedly filled about 63 of these suckers. And I have the sunburn/farmer tan to prove it!
And to top it all off, these goodies arrived from Poppy Seed Fabrics. Mmmmm…
A very good day indeed. Some of us crashed hard after so much fun.

Denise in PA
    July 30, 2011 at 6:26 am

I love Lily & Will – in every colorway! Also, those new fabrics are divine – yum!

Samelia's Mum
    July 30, 2011 at 6:35 am

Lovely new fabrics. Lily and Will is such a serene range. Great for a new baby.

Sarah Craig
    July 30, 2011 at 6:41 am

Congratulations! It does feel good to get to sew, doesn't it? Sometimes it takes a little break for us to really appreciate it…. πŸ˜‰

July 30, 2011 at 6:53 am

Hahahaa…I&#39;ve had a few naps like that too!;)<br /><br />Saw your photo and Dana&#39;s on the Sewing Summit roster….I felt like I know two rock stars!;)<br /><br />That&#39;s going to be a lovely quilt…we have a bit of that line left in the shop and it is so soft and lovely for a child&#39;s quilt!<br />xo

July 30, 2011 at 7:00 am

Love the water balloons! =) <br /><br />It&#39;s sew nice to sew…summer has limited that activity in my life…but when I get too, it&#39;s sew refreshing. =)

Happy Cottage Quilter
    July 30, 2011 at 7:08 am

I love the Lily and Will fabric line. It&#39;s so fun to start a new project. It looks like your helpers got wiped out from all the work with the water balloons πŸ™‚

July 30, 2011 at 7:23 am

we love doing water balloons around here, and surprisingly i think it&#39;s a blast! πŸ™‚

Summer Killebrew
    July 30, 2011 at 8:34 am

Can&#39;t wait to see what you make with the Lily &amp; Will!

July 30, 2011 at 8:35 am

Wow I really like your fabrics from Poppy seed!

Mary on Lake Pulaski
    July 30, 2011 at 9:14 am

I feel like taking a nap like that some times – too old for that position though! Sweet Lily and Will for baby. AND yummy new fabrics for your stash Amy.

July 30, 2011 at 9:27 am

That last picture is hysterical! Amazing where kids can fall asleep isn&#39;t it?! Glad you got some sewing in! My 2 boys are home all summer too, and I&#39;m &quot;sew&quot; lucky that they&#39;re older, but it&#39;s still hard to find time…

July 30, 2011 at 10:19 am

I love days like that! What a priceless pic of your little guy…love it!! Hope you have a super Saturday! Smiles~Beth

Modern Amish
    July 30, 2011 at 10:38 am

Ooh Thanks for the intorduction to Anne Sutton:D

July 30, 2011 at 11:37 am

Wow – *That&#39;s* tired!! ROFL<br /><br />And now I really want a water balloon fight. . .

Sara Wright
    July 30, 2011 at 5:50 pm

That photo is priceless!

DJ Rose
    July 30, 2011 at 6:23 pm

That pic is hilarious. That is one to hold onto for his wedding reception.<br /><br />Happy sewing. I&#39;ve been helping my 12 yr old (when did they get so big, I&#39;m scared for 7th grade) with two sewing projects. Its been fun to work with her and teach her.

Evelene S
    July 30, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Thanks for the laugh! Your poor guy must of been so exhausted!

July 31, 2011 at 6:34 am

Amy I just came over to tell you I loved your wonderful orange quilt at Stash Manicure – so bright and joyful. Congratulations at being on the banner. πŸ™‚ blessings, marlene

Gene Black
    July 31, 2011 at 6:39 am

I love your new fabric arrivals, especially the circle one. <br />I came over after seeing your orange quilt on Stash Manicure. You did a great job quilting it. I would love to see the &quot;other front&quot; on it. Maybe I will find it on your blog

July 31, 2011 at 8:57 am

I hopped over from Stash to tell you that I love your orange quilt. Is there a blog post where we can see both sides? Lovely!<br />Jacque at Lilypadquilting<br />quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

July 31, 2011 at 8:58 am

Congratulations on being featured by Madame Samm at Stash Manicure!

July 31, 2011 at 8:58 am

I am a new quilter – found you on Stash Manicure blog, your quilt is gorgeous! here is a link to my first quilt I made that has orange in it (one of my favorite new colors!) I just finished it last weekend! <a href="http://www.serenityinstamping.com/2011/07/fnsi-results-1st-quilt-complete.html&quot; rel="nofollow">1st quilt – Diagonal Dreams</a>

July 31, 2011 at 9:24 am

Way to go….orange quilt featured at Stash Manicure is great. Congratulations.

Erin @ InvisibleGirl.Org
    July 31, 2011 at 10:16 am

What a nice day, I&#39;m hoping to copy you today!

July 31, 2011 at 11:17 am

I can totally understand . . .matter of fact I feel kinda sad when there are long periods &amp; I am not able to sit &amp; sew. Nice colors for your new project; I am certain baby will love that feel next to their skin. Get sewing!

CJ & Mel
    August 1, 2011 at 8:53 am

That is a classic &#39;nap&#39; picture. One to pull out at his wedding πŸ™‚

Nanette Merrill and daughters
    August 4, 2011 at 11:26 am

Can you believe school in just a couple weeks. Amazing.