This little Piggy needs a Quilt

My cute little niece, N, turned 3 last week. I’ve wanted to make her a little doll quilt ever since her little brother was born last fall. When I saw this quilt by Amy I knew I wanted to copy pay homage immediately.

I made a crib-size quilt for this niece a couple of years ago out of the fabrics I used for the red, aqua and pink quilt I made for my daughter. (I think I’ve made 11-12 quilts out of those fabrics.) As a result I have a lovely little box of scraps left over.

This quilt is not for a doll, but for N’s favorite friend, Piggy. Here is Piggy enjoying her (his?) new quilt.  N quite loves piggys.  Her favorite show is Peppa Pig (which could possibly be one of my new favorites – I just love hearing the Britishisms and British accents. Maybe I can teach my kids to talk like that.)
And since the quilt was for Piggy, I figured it needed some piggys on the quilt. Aren’t those cute little Japanese piggys?
 And Piggy seems quite cozy wither her new quilt. I think I need to make more of these.

Linking up to QuiltStory Tuesday and AmyLouwho Show&Tell

Comments

Love this little quilt! Gets me excited for gifts soon. Adorable! I realized I've been watching your blog for some time now but just as a lurker…great blog…one of my morning coffee blogs before breakfast for three boys three and under. :)

So cute! Love the fabric and the house design, and the size! My mom made me a doll quilt when I was younger and majorly obsessed with clowns. LOL, ya, clowns! I'd forgotten all about it until now, and will have to go try and find it, hehe 😀

My daughter has had a pig named Piggy since she was born. She LOVES him and he looks as loved as your niece's Piggy! Our Piggy may need a quilt to…so cute…thanks for sharing!

Is that a pig peeking out of the window on the top right house? This would be a fun quilt to do with my daughter. She's 5 and loves to play with all my scraps. She'd have great fun picking out the fabrics for the houses and roofs. It might be fun to do a "my" and a "her" version. Hmmm. Thanks for the continued inspiration!

5. Anonymous says

So cute! My nieces are not into dolls, but dogs instead. Piggy reminds me of their puppy &quot;lovies.&quot; I am new to quilting and have been wanting to make them quilts for their beds, but you have inspired me to start with puppy quilts.<br /><br />Thanks for all your great ideas. –Becky C.

What a wonderful doll quilt or rather piggy quilt! I have all boys, so no dolls around my house when they were growing up. However, my oldest had a favorite stuffed raccoon, named Rocky. I made a little doll quilt for Rocky–but it was not nearly as sweet as this!! <br /><br />Deb

adorable!! i love the colors and piggies. Your niece is a lucky girl! i am sure the big bad wolf won&#39;t be able to blow all those houses down!

I love the little quilt. Peppa Pig is my daughters favorite show and she is watching it right now while eating her lunch, giving me a few moments to slip away onto the computer.

Well gosh. How cute is that. Love everything about it. Love the sweet little piggy too.<br /><br />I&#39;ve been wondering what color to add with my red and aquas to make a quilt and I think you&#39;ve just solidified it for me – pink. So cute. Thanks for the inspiration!<br /><br />Amber

ah, that binding makes me so happy. You know, also happy that all the little pigs have a house that the big bad wolf can&#39;t blow away. What a sweet present.

If you like the Britishness of Peppa pig you&#39;ll have to come over here! Peppa is cute and so is this litle quilt – by the hair of my chinny,chin,chin!