Home Again

Back from a family trip to Maine. It’s been a great week.

Heavenly. Great to be with family. Good to get away, out of the heat, and disconnect from the phone and the internet (as much as possible) and eat some ‘lobstah’. We spent some great time with my husband’s extended family who live in Maine and New Hampshire.  Surrounded by scenery so unlike here in Utah. (And humidity). It was sad to leave.

(I didn’t mention the details before because I don’t really like to publicly announce that we’re gone and my fabric stash and cherry tomato plants are left alone and defenseless.)

And now we’re home and down to one week left of summer vacation before school starts!!  I have lots to share and catch up on here, but we may be having our last summer hurrahs this week. Hope you’re having some fun summer hurrahs yourself. Enjoy a Dove bar for me.

Suburban Stitcher
    August 13, 2011 at 6:18 am

cool blocks! hope you had a great time!

Amish Stories
    August 13, 2011 at 7:00 am

Greetings from the Amish community of Lebanon county. Have a great weekend folks. Richard from Amish Stories.

Thimbleanna
    August 13, 2011 at 7:50 am

Maine! You lucky, lucky girl — it's beautiful there. I hope you had a Lobster roll! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sasha
    August 13, 2011 at 8:14 am

Oh it looks beautiful there! I hope you had a nice vacation!

Kristen
    August 13, 2011 at 8:46 am

I hope you had a wonderful vacation there! Glorious little lake! I miss ME, but not the humidity! ๐Ÿ™‚

amanda
    August 13, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Ooh, pretty quilt blocks. That's a long flight, girly! We just took a little vacation in ME/NH a few weeks ago…we stayed in Portsmouth + hung out in York. So fabulous.

DeeRoo
    August 13, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Oh man…you are making me want to get out my project and start on it…what do you call that…I have seen tea leaves and orange peel.<br /><br />Glad you all had a great time with the fam and are safely home….back to reality for you soon! Me…I don&#39;t even worry about if school is starting before are after Labor Day any more!;)

bethanndodd
    August 13, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Family time is the best! I am admiring your cute block…so pretty. Are you still submitting names for the Wanttobe Quilter&#39;s Compaign? If so, I would love to have you submit it for me. Smiles~Beth

Leslie
    August 13, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Maine is wonderful isn&#39;t it? that is where we just got back from for our vacation

andrewp
    August 13, 2011 at 7:34 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

girlsmama
    August 13, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Ohhh! Dove bars are my favorite. Have you tried the Magnum bars? They&#39;re pretty good too! Nice to see you today!

Michele
    August 14, 2011 at 5:03 am

Love Lobster. I usually have it every day when I get to Maine. If you didn&#39;t know about them or get there this time, you&#39;ve got to try Warren&#39;s Lobster House in Portsmouth. It is terrific. All the locals go there. Glad you had a grand time. But there is always a time that you have to get back to reality.

Marydon
    August 14, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Yes, we have some gorgeous country here on the east coast. Love Maine. Glad you enjoyed it.<br /><br />Would you be so kind to (&amp; tell your friends) comment on my BLOG ONLY (emails donโ€™t count), for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, &amp; his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.<br /><br />Have a beautiful weekend.<br

LittleLucyGoosey
    August 14, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Welcome back, Amy! Glad you had a good vacation with the fam! Can&#39;t wait to see how that quilt looks finished!!! :)<br /><br />(Oops, I previously posted using my brother in law&#39;s account by accident!)