New Projects

Last week while I was waiting during my daughter’s soccer practice I started making a list of all the projects I either had in the works or wanted to start.  It is a L O N G list. This week I’ve had a little bit of time to tackle that list and I’ve been creating with a vengeance!  So I’ve got a couple of things to actually share.

First up, this little guy turned one this week.  Last year I made him this jungle quilt.  For his birthday this week I used a remnant from that quilt to make a little ribbon-tagged carry-along blanket with green minkie on the inside.  Also a new diaper clutch for his mom using a laminated fabric like the one we used for their crib bumper. They turned out pretty cute, if I do say so.

This is a new baby quilt sample for the shop where I work every once in a while. It went to the quilter’s today so I’ll share the whole quilt when it’s finished.

Also I have not one, but two quilts in the binding stage. My Strawberry Fields quilt and this one. I hope to get them finished during Project Runway tomorrow night. (Anyone else watching? Who do you like? I’m still not sure of a clear favorite this time – like Mondo last season.)
And in non-sewing fun, I made a new wreath for my front door using Vanessa’s tutorial. She makes it so easy to make it look so good. I’ve been wanting/desperately needing a stylish new wreath for my front door and V’s tutorial came with perfect timing so I shamelessly copied her. Even the color. Mmmm. I found everything for 50% off at JoAnn’s while I was trying (fruitlessly) to scope out the new Denyse Schmidt collection.
I’m happy to feel so productive. Amazing how the house staying clean from 9:00-3:00 every day opens up all kinds of possibilities. Especially if I stay away from the computer – I can get tons of stuff done. ๐Ÿ™‚

DKB
    August 31, 2011 at 10:39 pm

can you really get 2 quilts bound during PR? takes me forever………

Lucy
    September 1, 2011 at 3:40 am

Wow busy busy!! I love all your projects and especially the fabric in that baby quilt :)<br />Lucy xx<br />charmaboutyou.blogspot.com/

Libby
    September 1, 2011 at 3:45 am

I am LOVING that baby quilt! The fabric is DARLING! Can&#39;t wait to see the whole quilt! HUrry Hurry!

Katy Cameron
    September 1, 2011 at 4:16 am

Wow, it is amazing what a free 6 hours a day can deliver lol Love the wee carry-along thingummy, and your new wreath looks great.

Michele
    September 1, 2011 at 5:05 am

I am amazed too that you can sew the bindings that fast. I&#39;d love to get that much done in one day but I probably won&#39;t have the chance until the kiddos head off to school in a few years.

MellieWo
    September 1, 2011 at 6:45 am

I love getting that burst of productive energy-pass some along ๐Ÿ™‚ Love what you posted. I have an almost 8 month old, so I can relate to the boy quilts and things.

Betty Lou
    September 1, 2011 at 6:49 am

I am off to Joann&#39;s this morning to look for hydrangeas—-they might even be green—–such a beautiful wreath. Just call me a copy cat.

randi
    September 1, 2011 at 6:58 am

i just saw that wreath on vanessa&#39;s blog. it&#39;s too pretty!

Linda
    September 1, 2011 at 7:25 am

What nice projects! <br />I miss having hydrangeas all around my yard. They dry so beautifully. Love the wreath!

Leslie
    September 1, 2011 at 7:26 am

i love the little books!

Marianne
    September 1, 2011 at 7:58 am

Staying away from the computer is the hard part, but it looks like you&#39;re doing just fine!

Live a Colorful Life
    September 1, 2011 at 8:34 am

I would get SO much more done if I stayed away from the computer. and yes, watching PR and AGT. Guilty pleasures…but at least I&#39;ve been doing embroidery instead of just sitting so that kinda justifies it, right?

amylouwho
    September 1, 2011 at 1:48 pm

This is our first full week of school and I came down with a horrible cold monday night. So with post-hurricane issues, that and a primary meeting today, I&#39;ve gotten nothing done! argh. I&#39;m so mad! I&#39;m impressed with your productivity! Everything looks great!

Sheila
    September 1, 2011 at 1:59 pm

CUTE BABY QUILT!

bethanndodd
    September 1, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Way to work on that list!!! I have all of the supplies for that wreath, I&#39;d better get on it. You reminded how amazing it is. Smiles~Beth

NorahS
    September 1, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Yes, loving PR! No stand out fave yet.

Kara
    September 1, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Love your cute projects! So true about getting more done w/out the computer. Hmm, I should probably do that more often. LOL!

herlittlefeet
    September 1, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I found some of the new DS fabrics at the Joann&#39;s in Riverdale.

Letterpress
    September 2, 2011 at 11:15 am

When I was your age, I did that once. That is, I sat down and made a list of all the projects and goals I had. I still have that list, with some things crossed off. It&#39;s a treasure now, a snapshot of a time of my life.<br /><br />I come across it every once in a while and note that a lot of the items on the list just aren&#39;t on my radar–amazing what the passage of time can do. But

V and Co.
    September 5, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Ha! Your wreath looks great! And personally I think green hydrangeas look the best so good choice! ๐Ÿ˜‰