Lily and Will II Baby Quilt

In the wild, happy, fun craziness that this month has been, I did not get a chance to properly show-off this quilt with it’s most adorable accessory. This is my new little niece who is now a month old. Is that hair to die for? I’m having baby-hair envy.  My own sweet babes had a few lovely wisps, which is better than their mother had. My parents called me Kojak when I was a baby. In the most loving way, of course.
I SO love the prints and patterns and colors in Anne Sutton’s Lily and Will II collection.  Girly and babyish without being cliche and saccharine. The fabric came out last year and is harder to come by now, but there is still some yardage available at Fat Quarter Shop.  Burgundy Buttons is out of yardage, but does have some pre-cuts.The tutorial for this quilt is at Moda Bake Shop (here).
 [And due to my post-summer brain mush, there was a corretion in the sashing yardage that was required. I had not listed enough. So if you already printed the tutorial and headed off to your local quilt store before last week, I am dreadfully sorry. All is correct as of 10/19.]
And there you have it. Isn’t life sweet?
We had a great family vacation to a couple of the National Parks in southern Utah. Gorgeous scenery and weather. It was good to get away from life for a bit.  And the greatest part was my kids were so great in the car. I think there is a distinct possibility that road trips may actually be fun for the next few years. We’re going to have to capitalize on this golden age we’ve got going before we’re inundated with teenagers. And I mean that in the most loving way.

Comments

I love this quilt. It inspired me to layout the bed quilt I am Making on point. She is a cutie. I had that much hair when I was born and my best friend growing up was still bald when we were 7 months :) .

That's a beautiful quilt – love the colors, but that's a gorgeous baby! Love the hair, but the rest of her is just as adorable as she is!

Beautiful quilt! And the baby is extra adorable. Oh my goodness I am having hair envy too! My poor little girl is almost bald in the front with long blondish wisps in the back. Thankfully the front is starting to grow in, but I can't use any cute barrettes… yet. :)

beautiful quilt! (and I so want to become a grandmother when I look at this gorgeous girl! not that this is going to happen in the near future, but still I want, I want, I want :-)…)

OMG– I think this is the best way to present a qulit– your niece is adorable with those big, bright eyes!! And on her tummy, she looks so small in comparison to the whole quilt– it will be a nice, cozy play mat for her for many months to come. Congrats on the new addition!!<br />I was a bald baby, too– my mother used to put little bows on top of my head by using her saliva and fingers with

I loved this quilt when I saw it on the Moda Bakeshop website. I worked on it this weekend and finished the top! It is beautiful. Thank you for such a great pattern.

We need a baby at our house!<br />Glad you had a nice getaway, and yes, they must be at a good travel age, so enjoy while you can.<br />The next phase will bring with it everyone with earbuds and blank stares :)

What a beautiful quilt and the baby is beyond words. How sweet she is. Love all that hair. Even at my age I wish I had another little one. lol!<br /><br />Thank you for sharing!<br /><br />Carrie

oh my! my baby girl, now almost 4, had that same cute cute cute pink outfit. oh, it makes me miss her being so little and laying on quilts! very cute quilt, very cute baby!

Love the quilt, but the &quot;accessory&quot; is absolutely precious! Congratulations to the proud auntie, and thanks for sharing such a lovely quilt. I have some Lily &amp; Will around here I&#39;ve been meaning to make into a quilt, so I guess I&#39;d better go get busy!

Nice quilt and an especially adorable accessory. I&#39;m looking forward to the day when it will be fun to take raod trips with my 2 back-seaters.

Cute, cute baby and quilt! Did you go to Zion and Bryce? They are my Absolute favorites! And, as they say…may hay while the sun shines. Enjoy those kids while they&#39;re fun. They&#39;re still fun in high school but they have jobs and so many activities that it&#39;s hard to steal family time. Why, oh, why can&#39;t they just stay primary school age For.Ever???

Your description of the fabric:<br /><br />&quot;Girly and babyish without being cliche and saccharine&quot;<br /><br />SPOT ON! Well said Amy :)

Very cute baby quilt! Don&#39;t blame you for having baby hair envy….would be hard not to. lol Oh, my….I&#39;ve lived a long time and seen many babies but none with that much hair at one month old!