New Baby Quilt Tutorial

I have a new baby quilt tutorial up at Moda Bake Shop.

After making the large squares-on-point quilt last winter, I decided it would be fun to make a baby-size version using 5″ Charm squares. This one is for my brand-new baby niece!

Also many thanks to Sew Mama Sew for linking to my Easy-Stocking Tutorial yesterday as part of their Handmade Holidays series. There are some fun projects worth checking out. Because it’s never too early to start that Christmas Gift prep, right? (eek.)
This past weekend was awesome. I came home yesterday to a busy family day, so today I need a nap.  I’m excited to share some pictures and things that I learned from The Sewing Summit – as well as some loot! Stay tuned.

Comments

I saw you MBS quilt yesterday…I love it!!! Such a precious gift for your neice! I just printed the template for some stockings…think I will had some initials for them for some little Christmas gifts. Thanks for always sharing so much of your creativity with us :) Looking forward to seeing pics from the SS.<br />Smiles~Beth

This is gorgeous – thank you so much for the tutorial. I`ve been looking for a gorgeous pattern for my cousin`s baby who is due to arrive next month. I think this is the one!

cute quilt. off to moda bakeshop to check out the tutorial.<br /><br />I don&#39;t know how to free motion. Any ideas on how to quilt it other than free motion?

@Cheryl, (Don&#39;t have a return email for you, so hoping you&#39;ll see this here)<br /><br />I am not great at freemotion quilting either. I just finished a different baby quilt with straight-line quilting in a diagonal, cross-hatch pattern. It was easier for me and I really liked how it turned out.<br /><br />Hope that helps!

I made this quilt and wanted to say thanks for the tutorial! I left out the two 9 block rows b/c I didn&#39;t use a Moda charm pack and didn&#39;t realize it would have less squares. It worked out great as a smaller tummy time/stroller quilt though.<br /><br />Thanks so much again!

Hi! I&#39;ve had this quilt pinned for about a year in hopes of making it when we had a baby. We are now due in October, and I&#39;m ready to quilt! I have a small question, though… Do you have a cute suggestion for making the length 53 inches? I just want to make it a bit longer, and I&#39;m so new to this quilting thing that I&#39;m not sure how best to do it. I would sincerely