Christmas Goodies

I signed up for a Christmas swap.  I don’t sign-up for many swaps (I guess I’m a wallflower in the quilt-blog-swap world.) But thanks to the persistence of this girl I joined in the fun. I’m so glad I did because I have a sweet partner and I’m excited to put these goodies in the mail to her today. Wrapping paper from Ikea. I’m loving the red and white Scandinavian look these days. I got a few different rolls of paper (and coordinating fabric) in October – I went back last Saturday to see if I could get more, but there was none to be found. Glad I have what I have.

I decided I should make a little something to include when I found this very cute Elf Shoe pattern at Allsorts, and thought it would make a fun little pincushion. It was very enjoyable to make, but I don’t know that my handiwork is the finest.  The issue was not with the shoe pattern, but with my efforts to make-up a pincushion insert. We’ll just chalk this one up in the “it’s the thought that counts” category.

Here’s a little sneak peak of some of the other goodies.  I got the vintage reproduction buttons and trims at the annual American Crafts Warehouse Sale here in Utah. Nice.
And now, back to the regularly-scheduled December craziness.
(Some of it is good craziness though. Monday night we took our kids to a wonderful live Nativity.  We froze our bippies off, but the sweet spirit of the event more than made up for it. That’s the December craziness I love most. Watching my kids have that “true-meaning-of-Christmas” feeling, seeing a real-life sweet baby lying in a manger. Melts my heart. Do you know what else I love? Whoever invented those Gingerbread House kits in a box. Best idea ever.)
PS Kind Melissa of the Polkadot Chair published an interview with me this week. So if you’ve ever been wondering what my hidden talent is or what bands I liked in Jr. High, now’s your chance to find out.

December 8, 2011 at 7:12 am

Amy, that elf clog pattern is the cutest ever! And I love your idea to make it into a pincushion. (yes, I've downloaded the pattern!Now to run to the store and get some felt)

December 8, 2011 at 7:23 am

so much cuteness! i love that little shoe. too fun!<br /><br />happy christmasing!

December 8, 2011 at 7:44 am

Ohmygosh — what a LUCKY swap partner you have — that&#39;s a gorgeous package of swappy goodness — who wouldn&#39;t be thrilled to receive it???

Lucy @ Charm About You
    December 8, 2011 at 7:50 am

I&#39;ve never done a swap but you might be convincing me!! That paper is gorgeous and the boot is really cute!

December 8, 2011 at 8:20 am

Love the paper and the boot! We&#39;re lucky to have an IKEA close; I&#39;ll be keeping it in mind now that I see what else can come of it 🙂

December 8, 2011 at 8:39 am

I can just see that paper as fabric!! I love your elf shoe and think anyone would be proud to have it!

December 8, 2011 at 10:34 am

Love the elf shoe. I thought at first the paper you used in wrapping was fabric! It is gorgeous. Shame there is no Ikea near me!

December 8, 2011 at 11:10 am

Cute, cute swap package! Your partner will love it. I might have to hit that scrapbooking sale. It says it goes until the end of the month.

December 8, 2011 at 12:18 pm

That elf pin cushion is pretty stinking cute! I&#39;m thinking whoever you give it to will love it!

Natalia from Piece N Quilt
    December 8, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I don&#39;t sign up for many swaps either, but sometimes I wish I did! 🙂

Archie the wonder dog
    December 8, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Love the elf shoe and wrapping paper!

Jamie Lee
    December 8, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I just bought a gingerbread house in a box at Michaels Sunday night to make with my kids tonight. Love the Children at Play. I am making a quilt with it right now. Hard to resist that fabric when I have 3 daughters!!!

Katy Cameron
    December 8, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Aww, what a cute wee elf shoe, I&#39;m sure your partner will love it!

December 8, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I love that you&#39;re in the swap! Lets do it again!!!

Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts
    December 8, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Oh lucky lucky ssswap partner to get you Amy! Fingers crossed that it might be me. <br />Those packages look wonderful. <br />Hope you have a great weekend!

Elizabeth Dackson
    December 8, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Oh my, what a fab package!!! And how did I not know that Ikea has wrapping paper??? Lucky partner 🙂

notes of sincerity
    December 8, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Your packages are wrapped so sweetly. I would not want to open them. :0) What a lucky swap partner. :0)<br />I would absolutely love to see a live nativity. Your children will have such special memories. I too love celebrating Christ in Christmas. And after becoming a mom it seems to make it even more personal.<br />Your fabrics and other goodies are precious! :0)

December 9, 2011 at 12:11 am

I&#39;m with you on the whole red/white thing. I was just in AQ and saw a whole lotta red and white. I really need to think up a good reason to buy some of that 🙂

December 9, 2011 at 12:08 pm

We were there Monday night, too! Wow, it was FREEZING!! The starry night sky was a nice touch. I loved that Nativity. Very well done. I was impressed. Clearly, they&#39;re doing something right–so many people. I think we stood in line 30 minutes to get into the cattle-wagons to take us there. Truly memorable night. Will repeat.

December 10, 2011 at 3:22 pm