Christmas Goodies

I signed up for a Christmas swap.  I don’t sign-up for many swaps (I guess I’m a wallflower in the quilt-blog-swap world.) But thanks to the persistence of this girl I joined in the fun. I’m so glad I did because I have a sweet partner and I’m excited to put these goodies in the mail to her today. Wrapping paper from Ikea. I’m loving the red and white Scandinavian look these days. I got a few different rolls of paper (and coordinating fabric) in October – I went back last Saturday to see if I could get more, but there was none to be found. Glad I have what I have.

I decided I should make a little something to include when I found this very cute Elf Shoe pattern at Allsorts, and thought it would make a fun little pincushion. It was very enjoyable to make, but I don’t know that my handiwork is the finest.  The issue was not with the shoe pattern, but with my efforts to make-up a pincushion insert. We’ll just chalk this one up in the “it’s the thought that counts” category.

Here’s a little sneak peak of some of the other goodies.  I got the vintage reproduction buttons and trims at the annual American Crafts Warehouse Sale here in Utah. Nice.
And now, back to the regularly-scheduled December craziness.
(Some of it is good craziness though. Monday night we took our kids to a wonderful live Nativity.  We froze our bippies off, but the sweet spirit of the event more than made up for it. That’s the December craziness I love most. Watching my kids have that “true-meaning-of-Christmas” feeling, seeing a real-life sweet baby lying in a manger. Melts my heart. Do you know what else I love? Whoever invented those Gingerbread House kits in a box. Best idea ever.)
PS Kind Melissa of the Polkadot Chair published an interview with me this week. So if you’ve ever been wondering what my hidden talent is or what bands I liked in Jr. High, now’s your chance to find out.

Amy, that elf clog pattern is the cutest ever! And I love your idea to make it into a pincushion. (yes, I've downloaded the pattern!Now to run to the store and get some felt)

Cute, cute swap package! Your partner will love it. I might have to hit that scrapbooking sale. It says it goes until the end of the month.

I just bought a gingerbread house in a box at Michaels Sunday night to make with my kids tonight. Love the Children at Play. I am making a quilt with it right now. Hard to resist that fabric when I have 3 daughters!!!

Your packages are wrapped so sweetly. I would not want to open them. :0) What a lucky swap partner. :0)<br />I would absolutely love to see a live nativity. Your children will have such special memories. I too love celebrating Christ in Christmas. And after becoming a mom it seems to make it even more personal.<br />Your fabrics and other goodies are precious! :0)

I&#39;m with you on the whole red/white thing. I was just in AQ and saw a whole lotta red and white. I really need to think up a good reason to buy some of that :)

We were there Monday night, too! Wow, it was FREEZING!! The starry night sky was a nice touch. I loved that Nativity. Very well done. I was impressed. Clearly, they&#39;re doing something right–so many people. I think we stood in line 30 minutes to get into the cattle-wagons to take us there. Truly memorable night. Will repeat.