Countdown to Christmas Quilt

Drum roll. . .  a finished Christmas Quilt. In time for Christmas, even!

I’ve been working on this quilt for a little while now (as seen here.)  A very generous friend gave me a FQ bundle of these fabrics (Countdown to Christmas by Sweetwater for Moda) in a swap last summer. It’s been fun to decide what to do with them and frankly I kind of made it up as I went along. At first I was thinking of a something like Mr. Roboto only on a bigger scale.  Well it looked too blah when I laid out the blocks so I cut off the edges of the blocks and re-sewed them back onto other blocks to make it more interesting.  And I liked it much better.

I ended up buying a half yard of two blacks one for the black border and one for the binding and that’s all for this whole quilt. I love the prints in this collection and I like the pop of the black with the traditional Christmas colors.

I used my extra blocks on the back along with a red pin-stripe fabric that I’ve had in my stash for ages. Works great! It just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling to find the perfect backing right from the stash.
Now it is washed and ready for some serious Christmas snuggling.

Linking up to:

Fresh Poppy Design

Comments

Oh Amy…I just finished a search for some Countdown to Christmas 'cuz I really like it AND NOW I see your beautiful quilt! It's just perfect. What a fun quilt for your family to use now for the Christmas season. Way to go on the back too. Now what am I going to do about my fixation on that line? Hum.

I thought the same thing as Mary- Oh, Amy!!!:) This quilt is gorgeous and I love,love,love this line of fabric. I love everything Sweetwater does but I really LOVE this line!!! I really should be buying some of this material up and seriously think of making myself one- although it would probably take me forever!:) Thanks for sharing!

It looks awesome!!! I have loved Countdown to Christmas but each time I think about buying it I end up talking myself out of it. I think I just need to bite the bullet and get some. I just love everything I see made of it :)

nice! i thought about making something with that line, but then i couldn't find it anymore. oh well – i have a bunch of red and green that i think will become something. maybe next year!

I have a collection of Christmas FQS that I've been thinking about using for a very similar quilt. I love how yours turned out. That's such a fun, unique Christmas line.

Your quilt is so cute. It reminds me of a thought that is running through my head right now. I better get out of work on Christmas Eve in time to go to Church or I will be very upset.

LOVE the design and fabrics used on this sweet quilt. It will most certainly be a favorite for Christmas snuggling in years to come. Any chance you'll publish the pattern?

You know….sometimes we get all caught up in finding some super fantastical pattern for our fabric and loose sight of the fact that in a lot of cases simple is better!:) Great job on that quilt girlie…perfect for showcasing some fun fabrics!<br />Merry, merry to you all!<br />xoxo

Your quilt is awesome! I got a quilt top made in this fabric, my daughter loves the colors. Not sure I can get it quilted in time for Christmas but will try. Thanks for all the inspiration you give!