Kitschy Christmas Quilt

Behold: the Kitschy Christmas quilt.  The inspiration for this quilt first came from this Anthropologie Quilt.  I’d been thinking about it for a few weeks when I decided (on Thanksgiving Day) to make a Christmas version using all my scraps left over from last year’s Retro Christmas Quilt.  (I used my Accuquilt GO cutter Isosceles Triangle die to cut out this whole quilt in a very short amount of time.)

I’ve been collecting those retro-vintagey fabrics and now my stash is seriously depleted. But I’m okay with that since they’re far better appreciated in a couple of finished quilts than in closet in my basement.  The solid greens are Kona’s: Palm (lighter) and Holly.

I also used the last of my Holiday Happy fabric for the back. Perfect.
The perfect thing for my big blank wall during the Christmas season.  And I’m well-pleased that I finished it in time for the actual holiday.  It even goes well with my throw pillows from Christmases past. (Snowflake here,  Circles here, and red and white pillows here.)
And since we’re talking retro-Christmas, Merry Christmas from me (and my little sister) ca. 1978.  I’m pretty certain my mom made those gingham dresses.  I could have totally used some of that green gingham in this quilt!

Comments

I love the quilt. I think I might attempt it for next year as a pillow top.<br />After the busy holidays, take a look at my new blog. I used your furniture make-over as my inspiration for a project.<br />Meggie

Amy, I REALLY, REALLY like this quilt! And I will be a follower/ wanna-be sometime this next year because I would like to make one with my leftover Christmas fabrics, too!<br />Thank you for the inspiration, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

What a lovely quilt, Amy! And a great way to use up small pieces of varied Christmas fabrics – so I think it&#39;s going on my bucket list for this year! Merry Christmas!

LOVE the quilt, Amy. I have a stash of vintage Christmas prints from my mom that I&#39;ve slowly been using. It&#39;s so fun!<br /><br />Merry Christmas to you and your family!

I was excited when I saw the preview. This is awesome. You don&#39;t see that depression green a ton in new stuff and it is awesome here. I like the borders too and I am not a border kinda girl. I love the different shades of green…that is actually the best part!

I love the quilt Amy – it is so darling! It looks perfect hanging there above your couch and the pillow are just darling too. Have a Merry Christmas!

Love the quilt, it looks fab up there, and I particularly like the block(?!) with the housewife in it! <br /><br />My mum says I&#39;ve to tell you that in 1978 I was sporting a babygro ;o)

What a beautiful quilt, perfect on that wall.<br />Love the photo, if you follow the youtube link on my blog post you can see/hear a little girl in full voice at her nativity, it is brilliant.<br />Have a very Happy Christmas.<br />Carol xx

Bwhahahahahaaa!! Love, love, love the Ghost of Gingham Past!:) Everyone needs some gingham in their life!<br />Great photos…guess I really need to do something with that Christmas fabric I got from you last year!:)<br />Merry, Merry!!<br />xoxo

What a fun, colorful Christmas quilt. Love it. It looks great on your wall &amp; looks so good with all those wonderful pillows. Wishing you &amp; your family a very Merry Christmas.

What a great quilt. I have been trying to think of how to use up some of the Christmas fabric I have collected over the years and this is just the ticket. I think I can use my tumbler die. Thanks.

Really nice! I have a huge blank wall space that is screaming for some quilty things to look at. Hopefully in the coming year I&#39;ll be able to make a few different ones to put up there.<br /><br />Merry Christmas to you and yours. I hope it is truly magical.