Sarah Jane’s Airplane Quilt Pattern!

All images by Sarah Jane used with permission

Last spring I had the very fun opportunity to play with Sarah Jane’s new fabric collection, Children at Play, making some samples for her booth at Quilt Market.  I had been a fan of Sarah Jane’s art prints for a few years before I ever knew she’d design fabric too – so this truly was a ‘pinch-me’ moment! This quilt was designed by Sarah and then I put it together in fabric form.
I’ve had people ask about a pattern for that airplane and now Sarah Jane has published a free template for this quilt! You can see her tutorial at the Michael Miller blog and you can download the airplane applique template here.

You can find Children at Play fabric here, here and here.
Did you know that there is now Children at Play paper too?
I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next!

Comments

That is really lovely! I've been thinking about a pinwheel quilt for a while using this range but as my son is 'digger ' obsessed I'm not sure who to make it for…me maybe!

That quilt is SO darn cute — I LOVE it. I LOVE LOVE those fabrics too (as is evidenced by the amount that I'm hoarding LOL). Someday I'll get back to my Children at Play quilt — hopefully soon!

Love that quilt! I used the Paper Airplanes print to make a shirt for my 3 year old grandson…and it is just adorable. I really like the whole line, and will most likely be getting more soon.

Hi Amy:<br />I&#39;ve been having a look on your blog and spend a good time on it! I like very much your posts and all your tutorials. If you don&#39;t mind I&#39;ll add you to my favourite blogs list. Thanks for share all your knowledge,….and sorry about my english.brrrrr<br />Best regards

Olá, Amy, fiquei encantada com o seu avião, ficou perfeito! Lindo, me lembrei do meu irmão ( que não está mais aqui conosco ), ele fazia aviões de papel como o seu para meus filhos e sobrinhos. Seu blog é lindo, cores brilhantes, Parabéns. Abraços, Maluh Jafeth –

Hi there I&#39;ve just found your site, I am from Northumberland UK and have been quilting for the last year, so you&#39;re a golden opportunity for me to see what can be done. Only hope I can aim to be a regular and pick you&#39;re brain for help and ideas and tips. Regards Judith B