Sewing Therapy Needed

Life has a way of feeling a bit full at the moment. One of those times in life when a lot of big things seem to hit all at once.  (I also think that the busy-ness of Valentine’s Day might have had something to do with my fatigue today. I keep reminding myself that one day I will miss the hoopla of Elementary School Valentines Day. One day.) I won’t bore you with the other details because I have a feeling you’ve got your own full plate, but lets just say that I needed a little bit of sewing therapy today.

It didn’t take much. Just a little time spent made a big difference.  It was my first time sewing in my new room.  I have my machine on a different desk in this room and it’s GREAT.  I have been sewing at a table mostly for the past few years and the height is probably pretty ergonomically not-good.  As we were getting ready to reshuffle I re-looked-at an old desk that I almost threw away.  It’s not the prettiest desk –  I bought it at an office surplus sale where I worked about 14 years ago for $10.  It’s got a big work surface and the height is lower.  Works very nicely.  Good job old desk.
I’ve got all my blocks put together for this quilt.  All from scraps. I’m just starting to assemble the rows.  Such a nice sunny quilt for blah, dreary February.
Whew. That felt good.  Now, back to everything else.

Great work! That's going to be a beautiful quilt! And I completely understand about the hoopla – I got sucked into reading to 18 four-year olds while the teachers got the party ready (I had just gone to pick up my granddaughter, and ended up staying for an hour!) But it was lots of fun!!

Oh, I don't know if you will miss the hoopla…maybe like me you will rejoice for a few years first as I did yesterday while making Valentine's cookies for family and friends. I was sooo happy I didn't have to make several dozen extra to take to school parties!

This was my first year of no hoopla–with a 6th grade boy (talk about NO INTEREST in the Valentine balloons his school offered LOL) and a 3rd grade boy who had optional homemade valentines (and he opted to NOT), it was so quiet. 6th grader made brownies with red frosting for the family.<br /><br />I am enjoying the Valentine down-time I will have before older boy discovers girls. :/

Oh, I am SO needing the same! I haven&#39;t worked on a quilt since (gasp!) Sewing Summit, believe it or not! Not sure what vortex all my time has gotten sucked into, but it seems there is always some fire to put out. I am really craving a quilting day. I am glad you got your fix and have Christened your new/old desk! This quilt looks like it will be a cheery beauty!

I&#39;ve been out of the Elementary school loop of Valentines Day for some time now…and do I miss it? Nope! <br />I think sewing therapy sounds much more fun.

Love it! The colors are perfect for the winter blahs! I&#39;ve been seeing some spring colors surfacing, it really makes me want to get in gear and sew something nice and cheerful too!

I can certainly relate to needing some quilting therapy. It is February, after all…sigh. I am working on a scrap quilt too, even though I have no idea what I&#39;m going to do with it when it&#39;s done. Yours is so pretty!

I scored an old, not so pretty, but pretty functional wooden child&#39;s home desk at a yard sale, for $5 – this was even before we closed on our house! Hubby wanted to know what the heck I was gonna do with it! I&#39;ve been keeping my serger on that desk ever since we moved in, and boy, does it work GREAt! Never the hint of a wobble or vibration, and I don&#39;t even have the serger on a mat

Beautiful quilt! Are you willing to share some basic instructions on this quilt, it&#39;s soooo sweet and I badly need to do a bright scrap quilt like this one! Thanks :O)