Finished Reunion Bricks Quilt

Finally – a new finish.  Hooray! This quilt is mostly made from the latest Sweetwater collection for Moda fabrics, called Reunion.  I love the colors and prints in this one.  I used my Brickyard pattern for this quilt. I’ve been wanting to try that design again (esp since I don’t have the first quilt), but do it in a completely different color scheme.

I used a Layer Cake (stack of pre-cut 10″ squares) for the bricks, which gave me lots of prints and colors to play with. The sashing is Kona charcoal.  I did not do the quilting – it was done by Becky Heslop (hi Becky!).  I gave her free-reign to do what she wanted, and love the outcome.
I especially love the simple way she quilted the chevron fabric on the borders – totally changes the look of the fabric.  The binding is a red dot leftover from Freebird.  I’m trying to only use the fabric I’ve already got on hand – even if it’s something I was saving for another project. (gasp!) Because who knows if that project is ever really going to happen.  It’s time to use that stash.

I think that I love the back equally much.  That little pennant print is charming.  I also used the left over 10″ squares from the layer cake to piece the back, but I needed more fabric to supplement so I used some solid red. In looking for a few more blocks to add, I pulled this plaid from Denyse Schmidt’s latest collection, Aunt Edna at JoAnn’s. It was perfect! It was so perfect – I wished I’d used it in the front too.

Reunion fabrics are available at Fabricworm, Little Fabric Shop, and Burgundy Buttons. Pattern available in my pattern shop
Linking to

Comments

It's lovely! I really like the dark sashing – it's something I've been meaning to try, and seeing your – I'm now even more motivated!

You've reminded me -I have a charm pack I bought of the 'reunion' fabrics. I was attracted to them in the LQS. Thanks for sharing your nice quilt made with the fabric. I love the quilting on it too.

I love the colors of this quilt, especially the gray sashing against the bright colors. And, you're right, the back is equally as cool!

I love it Amy! The colors just explode off the quilt with that lovely gray cotton. And the bunting fabric on the back is yummy!! It was delightful chatting with you so much this weekend- I look forward to connecting more in the future. <br />xoxo,<br />Amy

I came across your blog and just love your work. I am actually starting a quilting course this week as I have always wanted to learn how to quilt and if make anything even half as beautiful as your gorgeous work I will be over the moon.<br />Best wishes<br />Sophie

Really cute. I&#39;ve got enough of Reunion to make two baby quilts (it&#39;s so hard to find boy fabric!) but I haven&#39;t cut into them yet. I like how you used the Kona solids.

Love love LOVE the dark sashing. So so perfect…. I might need to make one of these for the trundle bed in Creamie&#39;s room…. it&#39;s quite perfect you know :)