I-spy Baby Quilt

We had a new baby in our extended family which means time for a new baby quilt.
(Pattern available here.)

This new little guy has a big sister, so I thought I would send them an i-spy quilt to give big sister something to distract entertain her as well. (I am experienced with the reaction of older siblings to new babies. Distraction is a good thing.)

In keeping with my “no-more-hoarding” mentality that I mentioned in the Reunion quilt post, I even broke out the American Jane stash for the back and borders. I know. Shocking right? But you are so proud. I can feel it.  The ‘i-spy’ blocks (squares with the novelty prints) came from the i-spy charm packs in my etsy shop. (EDIT: They are sold out! So sorry.) The offset blocks are Essex linen/cotton blend. I love the contrasting texture. You can find it here.

Speaking of American Jane, a little doll quilt for big sister to take care of her own babies. The novelty blocks from this quilt are from a collection called Look and Learn and is a few years old. Again, part of the stash.

In other exciting news, I got my braces off! Yeehaw!! Even though I tried to tell myself the braces made my lips look full like Angelina Jolie’s, in reality it was more of a Jar Jar Binks look.  Yesterday I passed some chocolate covered cinnamon bears in the store and thought, sadly, “Those look good, but I can’t have them.” And then I realized, “YES I CAN!” So I bought a ton. Happy day.

braces off….congrats!!! i love these quilts. the i spy has such a simple sweet quality to it. and you can never go wrong with american jane anything.

What a lucky baby to receive a quilt like that! And even luckier sister to get a present for her AND her doll! Your teeth look really nice, it was worth wearing the braces, wasn't it? :) Enjoy your cinnamon bears!

Adorable quilts, and great smile! Congrats on getting your braces off, looks like they were more than worth the trouble, pain and irritation!

Beautiful quilts! I bought an eye spy charm pack from you probably two years ago and have been adding to it since. I didn't know what I was going to do with them because we were done having kids and I loved the charms too much to give to anyone else. But low and behold we are expecting again (don't you love surprises!?!) and I am going to use the charms for the baby's blanket. I

Awwww….aren&#39;t you a sweet Auntie?!:) I would expect nothing less from you!!:)<br /><br />Hmmmm…your teeth do look lovely but I seriously can&#39;t remember them being crooked…you had and have a beautiful smile!:)

The baby quilts turned out so cute! And LOVED that feeling when the braces no longer needed to be worn. Such a good reason to smile more!

Congrats on going braceless! You look wonderful. Your new quilt is so cute. I&#39;m about 4 blocks away from having enough blocks for the rainbow quilt :) -Terri

Congrats on getting your braces off! And the I-Spy quilt…love it! I got your blocks today…so amazing!!! Love them! Did you make it women&#39;s conference this week, too?!

Cute quilts! You are so right that big sis needs to have a quilt of her own and one for her dolls! And congrats on your new found freedom to eat whatever you want! Enjoy:)

Congrats to you! I loved you with your braces. Don&#39;t your teeth feel all big and smooth now? A beautiful smile for a very beautiful person. Flash those pearly whites every chance you get!

I just love the quilts! How fun! Congrats on getting the braces off. I remember that feeling very well. Your smile looks great! See,it was worth it!

Congrats on the new babe in the family and more importantly, here&#39;s to caramel apples being BACK on the menu! First thing I had was toffee. A lot of toffee. :-)

I just discovered your blog and so glad I did! I&#39;m a beginner quilter – still working on my first for my daughter. Beautiful quilt! I have a feeling your blog will be a resource for me.

What a great gift for baby and big sister :) I just started cutting some squares for an I Spy of our own…can&#39;t wait to get it all pieced together. Love your new smile! Smiles~Beth