Simply Color Ombre Quilts

Now that Market is over I can share a few other projects I was working on beforehand. I was given the chance to create a trio of quilts with some of Vanessa’s ombre fabric from her new collection, Simply Color.

Each of these quilts was made from just over a yard and a half of continuous yardage, cut into 5″ squares.  The different shades of the ombre fabric create different colored blocks and are then resewn into a baby quilt. The quilting was done by Monica Steelman.

I made quilts in three different colors to hang in Vanessa’s both at Market. Ta-da!
Vanessa’s whole booth was so cheerful and colorful. I love that Bloom applique flower quilt behind her, also made with the ombre fabrics.
And here are some of the other coordinating prints.
This collection will be available in shops in October.

Finally, many thanks to all those who entered the Market Loot giveaway last week. The first thing I could think of was what my brother used to say when he was 10-yrs-old: “Holy Schnikes!” The winner has been announced and emailed. I wish I had loot to share with all of you!

Those quilts are really great. And the fabrics? I love them. I wish I had the budget to buy them all. I would have never wanted to stray from her booth if I were there, just my style.

Oh Amy. I am in love with the baby quilts you made for Vanessa. I know EXACTLY what I will make for my son&#39;s room now!! The blue ombre. I can not wait for her fabrics to become available. So fresh and new. I need enough of the blue for a queen sized bed. How fun that will be!!<br />You are so blessed to be able to sew for Vanessa. :0) I wish I could do the same. :0)<br />Have a

I love those quilts! They are so simple, but look great. I really love the backing that you picked for them as well. I can&#39;t wait for this line to come out!

Love those quilts! So simple and pretty.<br /><br />When I showed my husband V&#39;s new fabric he said, &quot;But wouldn&#39;t you just have to buy tons of fabric to get enough of the same color?&quot; I tried to explain all of the cool things that you could do with a fading color, but I don&#39;t think he ever got it. Maybe he has heard me complain too often about running out of the right

Such fun quilts! I love how they look!! I&#39;m eying the shirt you have on though, it&#39;s way cute, did you make it? It looks kind of Amy-Butlerish to me :) Thanks for sharing all your fun stuff!

Oh, I love these! I&#39;ll confess I was a little &quot;meh&quot; on this collection when I first saw pictures of it, but I really like how the ombre is used in your quilts (and the quilt that is hanging above your trio in the booth.) I&#39;m amazed it only takes a yard and a half for the front of a baby quilt–a nice, relatively budget-conscious way to make a quilt that looks like it took a lot

It&#39;s been so fun to see all of your experiences at Market. Vanessa&#39;s fabric and designs are wonderful! How delightful that you two could work together.

So cute! I love those quilts, and the chevron backing is perfect. I can&#39;t wait to get my hands on some of that ombre goodness this fall, so I can craft up some gradient magic :-)

the ombre quilts are SO pretty! Love all of them – so fun to see all of the project ideas coming out with her new fabric line! Everything is so cheery ~ nice job!!

Those baby quilts are gorgeous! I love single colour quilts, but cannot quilt nearly well enough to make single piece quilts – this is an excellent option that I&#39;d never thought of.

Eek! I adore those quilts! You added the perfect touch to her booth with these beauties. I can&#39;t wait for Vanessa&#39;s line to come out so I can play with all that color!! Hope you had a great weekend, Amy. Smiles~Beth

These quilts are great! Vanessa&#39;s booth was one of my favorites. I have the little 2 1/2&quot; charm pack. I SHOULD be nice and give it away. But…I&#39;m keeping it! I have plans…

amy you were so wonderful to take on my need for help for market. i am so lucky to call you a wonderful and dear friend. thank you thank you the quilts turned out amazing. :)

It&#39;s so hard to imagine that the blocks were made with continuous cuts of fabric – amazing! I love the quilts you made showcasing the gorgeous shades. I can&#39;t wait to try them myself!

Love these quilts! I always love when you have a new post..exciting to see what amazing quilt you have created:) beautiful work!

The quilts are great and really showcase how awesome the ombre is! I am so ridiculously excited about this line that I&#39;m starting to save my pennies now so that I hoard a ton of it…

Love love love the ombre quilts. So cute, so simple, so perfect. A must-make on my baby quilt list. And like others, I don&#39;t think I can wait until these fabrics are available

I absolutely love those three quilts. I&#39;ll admit that I&#39;m not a huge fan of the ombre trend, but for some reason the colors up there are just perfect to me. It&#39;s simple and modern, and unisex! How cool is that? I&#39;ll definitely be watching for this fabric line when it comes out in October. Thanks for the inspiration! I might have to go on a solids adventure and see if I can attempt

Oh the possibilities! Simple and so citric! I can see so many similarities to a couple of my recent projects …. along familiar lines of &#39;less is more&#39; – well done getting everything finished. It is all photographed so beautifully x ammartini

Love these monochromatic quilts. Wouldn&#39;t these fabrics be great for piecing together for a dynamic background for appliqué (or eve pieced block)?