Simply Color Ombre Quilts

Now that Market is over I can share a few other projects I was working on beforehand. I was given the chance to create a trio of quilts with some of Vanessa’s ombre fabric from her new collection, Simply Color.

Each of these quilts was made from just over a yard and a half of continuous yardage, cut into 5″ squares.  The different shades of the ombre fabric create different colored blocks and are then resewn into a baby quilt. The quilting was done by Monica Steelman.

I made quilts in three different colors to hang in Vanessa’s both at Market. Ta-da!
Vanessa’s whole booth was so cheerful and colorful. I love that Bloom applique flower quilt behind her, also made with the ombre fabrics.
And here are some of the other coordinating prints.
This collection will be available in shops in October.

Finally, many thanks to all those who entered the Market Loot giveaway last week. The first thing I could think of was what my brother used to say when he was 10-yrs-old: “Holy Schnikes!” The winner has been announced and emailed. I wish I had loot to share with all of you!

Michele
    May 29, 2012 at 6:14 am

Those quilts are really great. And the fabrics? I love them. I wish I had the budget to buy them all. I would have never wanted to stray from her booth if I were there, just my style.

notes of sincerity
    May 29, 2012 at 6:14 am

Oh Amy. I am in love with the baby quilts you made for Vanessa. I know EXACTLY what I will make for my son&#39;s room now!! The blue ombre. I can not wait for her fabrics to become available. So fresh and new. I need enough of the blue for a queen sized bed. How fun that will be!!<br />You are so blessed to be able to sew for Vanessa. :0) I wish I could do the same. :0)<br />Have a

jlk
    May 29, 2012 at 6:47 am

You were so busy before Market! I love those quilts. So cute.

Happy Cottage Quilter
    May 29, 2012 at 6:54 am

Amy those quilts are exploding with color!!! Love them!

Melissa Corry
    May 29, 2012 at 7:36 am

These quilts are so adorable Amy!!! I just love them 🙂 How fun for you to get to play with Vanessa&#39;s amazing Ombre 🙂

Wendy Wiesen
    May 29, 2012 at 7:47 am

Love those quilts! What a cute wall hanging series those would make. So modern.

Melissa, SoChick!
    May 29, 2012 at 8:03 am

I love the ombre! The Chevron is an added bonus!

Missy Shay
    May 29, 2012 at 8:08 am

I love those colors!

Lisbeth
    May 29, 2012 at 8:10 am

I love how sophisticated the baby quilts look – monochrome tends to do that, though, doesn&#39;t it?

Fran
    May 29, 2012 at 8:16 am

I love those quilts! They are so simple, but look great. I really love the backing that you picked for them as well. I can&#39;t wait for this line to come out!

Leila
    May 29, 2012 at 8:19 am

Love those quilts! So simple and pretty.<br /><br />When I showed my husband V&#39;s new fabric he said, &quot;But wouldn&#39;t you just have to buy tons of fabric to get enough of the same color?&quot; I tried to explain all of the cool things that you could do with a fading color, but I don&#39;t think he ever got it. Maybe he has heard me complain too often about running out of the right

Dirt Road Quilter
    May 29, 2012 at 8:20 am

I don&#39;t know…October&#39;s a long time to wait for that amazing line! Might need to buy the Ombre in bolts – 🙂

RaeLyn
    May 29, 2012 at 8:44 am

Such fun quilts! I love how they look!! I&#39;m eying the shirt you have on though, it&#39;s way cute, did you make it? It looks kind of Amy-Butlerish to me 🙂 Thanks for sharing all your fun stuff!

Books_Bound
    May 29, 2012 at 8:45 am

Oh, I love these! I&#39;ll confess I was a little &quot;meh&quot; on this collection when I first saw pictures of it, but I really like how the ombre is used in your quilts (and the quilt that is hanging above your trio in the booth.) I&#39;m amazed it only takes a yard and a half for the front of a baby quilt–a nice, relatively budget-conscious way to make a quilt that looks like it took a lot

Nanette Merrill
    May 29, 2012 at 8:53 am

How can you not just love Vanessa? She&#39;s amazing. And that smile just brings you right in. I hope she does well.

Gnomemade
    May 29, 2012 at 9:26 am

Those quilts are beautiful. Thanks for your post!

Nedra
    May 29, 2012 at 9:33 am

It&#39;s been so fun to see all of your experiences at Market. Vanessa&#39;s fabric and designs are wonderful! How delightful that you two could work together.

Q @ JAQS
    May 29, 2012 at 10:01 am

Those quilts are simply wonderful.<br /><br />Looks like you had a great time at the market :).

aksherry
    May 29, 2012 at 10:18 am

That fabric is so fun. Can&#39;t wait to get my hands on it!

Claire Jain
    May 29, 2012 at 10:18 am

So cute! I love those quilts, and the chevron backing is perfect. I can&#39;t wait to get my hands on some of that ombre goodness this fall, so I can craft up some gradient magic 🙂

Gingersnaps Quilts
    May 29, 2012 at 10:25 am

I just love your ombré quilts! They are beautiful!

Melody
    May 29, 2012 at 10:44 am

the ombre quilts are SO pretty! Love all of them – so fun to see all of the project ideas coming out with her new fabric line! Everything is so cheery ~ nice job!!

Emma
    May 29, 2012 at 11:13 am

Those baby quilts are gorgeous! I love single colour quilts, but cannot quilt nearly well enough to make single piece quilts – this is an excellent option that I&#39;d never thought of.

bethanndodd
    May 29, 2012 at 11:35 am

Eek! I adore those quilts! You added the perfect touch to her booth with these beauties. I can&#39;t wait for Vanessa&#39;s line to come out so I can play with all that color!! Hope you had a great weekend, Amy. Smiles~Beth

Leslie
    May 29, 2012 at 11:50 am

these are such fun quilts. i love the ombre

mascanlon
    May 29, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Great job with quilts and Vanessa&#39;s fabric is wonderful! Thanks for sharing all of these photos!

Katy Cameron
    May 29, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Fun way to use the ombre!

Live a Colorful Life
    May 29, 2012 at 12:27 pm

These quilts are great! Vanessa&#39;s booth was one of my favorites. I have the little 2 1/2&quot; charm pack. I SHOULD be nice and give it away. But…I&#39;m keeping it! I have plans…

Jessica Oliveto
    May 29, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Oh, goodness, I am in love with that orange one!

V and Co.
    May 29, 2012 at 3:25 pm

amy you were so wonderful to take on my need for help for market. i am so lucky to call you a wonderful and dear friend. thank you thank you the quilts turned out amazing. 🙂

Natalia Bonner
    May 29, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Your quilts are darling! I love that you can make all that from one piece of fabric!

L
    May 29, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Oh my! I may have to learn to sew clothing–those falling gray dots would make an unbelievable skirt!

Francine
      May 29, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Ooooh fantastic idea! Maybe Mama/daughter skirts!!

Francine
    May 29, 2012 at 4:05 pm

It&#39;s so hard to imagine that the blocks were made with continuous cuts of fabric – amazing! I love the quilts you made showcasing the gorgeous shades. I can&#39;t wait to try them myself!

true2beeme
    May 29, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Am anxiously awaiting this collection and love seeing what you made with it…gorgeous!

mjb
    May 29, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Love these quilts! I always love when you have a new post..exciting to see what amazing quilt you have created:) beautiful work!

Thimbleanna
    May 29, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Those quilts are fabulous Amy! I love the bright happy colors of V&#39;s new fabric!

Nik at boldgoods.com
    May 29, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Oh these are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

CitricSugar
    May 29, 2012 at 6:38 pm

The quilts are great and really showcase how awesome the ombre is! I am so ridiculously excited about this line that I&#39;m starting to save my pennies now so that I hoard a ton of it…

Miss Tweedle
    May 29, 2012 at 7:23 pm

What a concept- solid on the front and patterned on the back! Why didn&#39;t I think of that??! LOVE it. Especially for a baby quilt 🙂

Chris {frecklemama}
    May 29, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Amy I have loved seeing all of your fabulous pics from market. Thank you SO MUCH both for sharing great pics and also for making beautiful quilts to contribute to the bounty!

amylouwho
    May 29, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Those quilts are darling! I love to you got a picture of her wearing that skirt too! Her fabrics are so fun!

amylouwho
    May 29, 2012 at 9:40 pm

vintage grey
    May 29, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Love the quilts!! Such pretty shades, and the Bloom appliqué flower quilt is so pretty!! So glad you had a wonderful time!! Happy Tuesday! xo Heather

DKB
    May 29, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Love love love the ombre quilts. So cute, so simple, so perfect. A must-make on my baby quilt list. And like others, I don&#39;t think I can wait until these fabrics are available

Brandy Fishback
    May 29, 2012 at 10:43 pm

LOVE THE AMBRE QUILTS!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Auntie Pami
    May 30, 2012 at 6:51 am

I think this has to be one of my top five new fabric lines. Thank you for the inspiration. Can&#39;t wait for my patterns/fabric to arrive!

tolmema
    May 30, 2012 at 9:57 am

I absolutely love those three quilts. I&#39;ll admit that I&#39;m not a huge fan of the ombre trend, but for some reason the colors up there are just perfect to me. It&#39;s simple and modern, and unisex! How cool is that? I&#39;ll definitely be watching for this fabric line when it comes out in October. Thanks for the inspiration! I might have to go on a solids adventure and see if I can attempt

Ammartini
    May 30, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Oh the possibilities! Simple and so citric! I can see so many similarities to a couple of my recent projects …. along familiar lines of &#39;less is more&#39; – well done getting everything finished. It is all photographed so beautifully x ammartini

chris
    May 30, 2012 at 3:50 pm

The quilts all turned out beautifully Amy. Well done.

Leslie McNeil of MarveLes Art Studios
    May 30, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Beautiful!! Loved seeing them; nice job!

LittleLucyGoosey
    May 31, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Amy, they are beautiful! They&#39;re so simple and chic! Love &#39;em!!!

Zara
    May 31, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Oh me oh my! These are so pretty!!! Im all inspired now!

Sharon
    June 1, 2012 at 8:58 am

Love these monochromatic quilts. Wouldn&#39;t these fabrics be great for piecing together for a dynamic background for appliqué (or eve pieced block)?