A whole lot of stuff going on.

It’s been a somewhat crazy week. I’m doing a bunch of sewing for Market at the moment, which means I can’t show much (yet) – other than a pile of scraps – because the new-ness is not mine to share. But I did get to play with some of this already with more fun in the works.

And this just arrived in my mailbox today, so more sewing ahead!
My husband was out of town for most of the last two weeks of April, so I brought my sewing machine and set up my mess at the kitchen table and fed the kids things like german pancakes and cold cereal for dinner.

While trying to stay engaged with the kids during the massive sewing binge going on, I’ve also been letting the kids exercise their own creativity.  I received a copy of Marie Lebaron’s Make and Takes for Kids book at the SNAP conference a couple of weeks ago and my kids have LOVED it.  Highly recommend if you’ve got young kids.

In the process, we have created a great many messes. And all of that needed to be cleaned up today because we had a big extended family celebration. This guy turned 8 last week and today he was baptized by his dad.  Happy times! I wish I could freeze him right now – I love those freckles and that jack-o-lantern smile.  It was so nice to have a happy family day. Back to the mess on Monday.

Cynthia
    May 5, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I am looking forward to seeing what you have been working on πŸ™‚ Your little 8 year old boy is really cute….it seems like yesterday that mine was baptized but he just left for his mission a week ago (sigh)…..great times ahead but lots of adjustments too. Eight is great!

Little Lady Patchwork
    May 5, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Hi friend! Long time no see (my fault totally). I have missed everyone!<br /><br />Email me when you get a chance!<br /><br />XOXO,<br />Stefanie<br />Little Lady Patchwork

Mary on Lake Pulaski
    May 5, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Oh to keep them little when you know where they are all the time. Enjoy this special time for your family Amy.

A.J. Dub.
    May 5, 2012 at 10:39 pm

I love 8! It is such a sweet age. I have one turning 8 and getting baptized this fall. <br />The Make and Takes for kids looks like such a fun book. <br />I so need to get Shore thing for our beach blanket. I was going to use Going Coastal, but it is already hard to find.

Sherri
    May 6, 2012 at 1:00 am

I thought you might be busy with market stuff…I have just one left…can&#39;t believe it…just like you said…back to the mess on Monday!

Sarah Craig
    May 6, 2012 at 7:12 am

Your little boy is so cute!! Have fun at Market! Can&#39;t wait to see what you&#39;ve created….

Kristen
    May 6, 2012 at 8:01 am

Eeep that&#39;s Sarah&#39;s fabric isn&#39;t it?? It should be lovely. Sometimes I wish I had a designer friend to piece for! I bought &#39;your&#39; vintage AJ fabric this weekend. Kinda felt you were there. πŸ™‚ Congrats on the baptism. Family stuff is fun and exhausting.

Katy Cameron
    May 6, 2012 at 8:09 am

Looks like fun all round! Belated happy birthday to the wee man

Tricia
    May 6, 2012 at 8:14 am

He is A.DOR.ABLE! But I love my boys the bestest…they are the greatest! I miss freckled faces and missing teeth grins! I agree we should be able to freeze the frame right here! Okay the fabric is just great can&#39;t wait to see what you make, but…. The german pancakes made me laugh right out loud and then tear up at the same time. My hubs used to travel A LOT when my 4 were little

vintage grey
    May 6, 2012 at 10:05 am

What fun you all have been enjoying!! Your son is so cute!! Happy belated birthday to him!!! xo Heather

Michele
    May 6, 2012 at 3:02 pm

It sound all so good, even the cold cereal. Congrats to your son. They certainly grow way too fast.

Ms. De
    May 6, 2012 at 5:32 pm

He is precious! My son is 28 and this picture reminds me of him at this age!! Get lots of hugs and kisses in now ;)!!

Ms. De
    May 6, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Ms. De
    May 6, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Sheila
    May 6, 2012 at 5:45 pm

He is so sweet. They grow so fast. Blink and he will be grown up.

randi--i have to say
    May 6, 2012 at 9:40 pm

You do have some fun things in progress! Can&#39;t wait until you can share.<br /><br />Your little guy is adorable!

neubiewaters
    May 7, 2012 at 7:27 am

That first photo looks like new Sarah Jane, so I am quite jealous…give it a pat for me

Mauri
    May 7, 2012 at 8:08 am

I would love to get my hands on some of Vanessa&#39;s fabric. Love the colors! I&#39;ll have to check that book out, it looks like a lot of fun. And congratulations to Spencer! He is just the cutest boy. Love ya!

notes of sincerity
    May 7, 2012 at 9:34 am

Oh that smile is priceless!! :o) Especially with the freckles. :o) Don&#39;t you just wish time could stand still?! :o)<br />I can hardly wait to see what you have been sewing away at! :o)<br />Have a fabulous week!

dolores
    May 7, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Oh…so happy the &quot;whole&quot; family is there for these occasions!:)<br /><br />Where will your quilts be? I want to tell my boss so she can be looking out for them!:)

badputts
    May 8, 2012 at 3:26 pm

What a cutie-patootie your son is! You are so right… I would love to have frozen my kids at certain ages (and then unfreeze them) once they are past other ages!! Happy sewing… can&#39;t wait to see your gorgeous creations!! Betsy

farukosk
    May 10, 2012 at 8:30 am

I understand what you&#39;re saying. I&#39;m not disagreeing with you, I&#39;m simply arguing the case that the defense could be significantly better next year. <br /><br /><a href="http://www.touch2success.com/index.php?option=epos&amp;id=website&quot; rel="nofollow">Online Ordering Website </a>

farukosk
    May 10, 2012 at 10:39 am

I really enjoyed this! I love how you can get an overall feel of the look without seeing the specific detail. The contrast of the colors … Loved it<br /><br /><a href="http://www.touch2success.com/index.php?option=epos&amp;id=website&quot; rel="nofollow">Online Ordering Website </a>