Exciting news!

I am so excited to be able to finally be able to divulge some happy news I’ve had to keep on the down low for while now.  Moda Bake Shop has a new book coming out fall of 2012, compiled by Lissa Alexander called, Sweet Celebrations, and I am a contributor!

This book is a compilation of dozens of projects – more than just quilts – to get you creating for your own family celebrations.  I have a few projects in the book, including a little Valentine’s wall hanging.

A Father’s Day wall quilt.

And this one is my favorite – my Gratitude quilt. It’s a quilt commemorating the things, places, and people that I am most grateful for.  We’ll have to wait until this fall for the full reveal, but I’m so happy with how it turned out. It was so exciting to be invited to contribute to such a fun book, but to get to create something so personally meaningful was extra gratifying.

I shipped these projects off last fall and last week is the first time I got to see a sneak peak of these images from the book.  They are so gorgeous! I can’t wait to see the whole thing.

Thanks for letting me share my happy news. You have always been such supportive and encouraging friends. I’m sure that I would not have had this opportunity were it not for your support of this blog. So clearly I need to have a “my blog peeps” block on that gratitude quilt. Thank you!

Comments

Hooray for you, Amy! You certainly deserve it!! I particularly love that father's quilt – such a cute idea – and your gratitude quilt is a wonderful concept!! Keep up the good work!

So exciting! Congratulations. I'm sure it was a lot of work, but well worth all the sewing hours put in. You must be proud. Can't wait to see the book when it comes out.

Congrats, Amy!!! I always love everything you do…. not only your patterns, but you use such wonderful fresh, bright and fun fabrics…. just what I like!! Can&#39;t wait to see and get this book!! Thanks for sharing!<br />Betsy

Amy, that is so exciting! You are such a hard worker and your projects are wonderful! Congratulations! Keep up the amazing work and blogging – you always make my day!

Ooh, how exciting – Congratulations! Am putting it on my wish list right now… I especially love the wall hanging with the hearts, can&#39;t wait to see the book.<br />xx

Hooray for you! How exciting to have your wonderful projects in a book! congratulations!! I&#39;ll be checking this one out as soon as it hits the market! : )

How excited (and well deserved!!). Your projects are awesome. I especially love the Dad wall hanging and I can&#39;t wait to see more pics of your gratitude quilt. Congrats!!!! Smiles~Beth

Looks like another great Moda Bake Shop Book. Congrats on being included and I look forward to seeing your projects along with all of the other Chefs.

Congrats, Amy, this is HUGE! I&#39;m so happy for you! Can&#39;t wait to get my hands on a copy and see all the adorable bakeshop inspiration! xoxo

Congrats on being included in the Moda Bake Shop book. I am looking forward to being able to purchasing the book. I fell in love with the last quilt you posted. Beautiful!

Congratulations for having some of your lovely quilt work in such a beautiful book.<br />Can&#39;t wait to buy a copy. Love your Thankfulness Quilt. Great work as always, Amy!!<br />Luba