New Quilt Blocks

A really nice weekend here. A combination of time with extended family Friday night and Sunday night and a Saturday with next to nothing on the calendar (SO rare) made for a perfect combination.  Since our Saturday was not as crazy as usual, I forced myself to get out into the yard and clip back all my dying flowers (I’m so sick of yard work by this time of year.) But that evening I also had time to work on tidying-up my sewing room (made even better by watching Anne of Green Gables with my 11-yr-old) and catching up on some quilt blocks.

These blocks are part of the Bloggers Block of the Month from Canton Village Quilt Works. I contributed a block back in February. You can see my last round of activity here.  I haven’t made any all summer, so it felt good to catch up! The block above is month Block 9 by Cabbage Quilts.

And here they are so far. The blocks have a finished measurement of 8″.  Tomorrow block 13 will be divulged and then next month Jackie will share her assembly of all the blocks. I love seeing the different versions of the same block – it’s cool to see the different personalities they assume, depending on the fabrics, colors, etc.  One of my favorite parts of quilting – the endless possibilities.

Ruth
    September 24, 2012 at 1:03 pm

The blocks are so pretty!<br />I&#39;m a City Quilter fan, also. Lucky for me, I can take the train into NYC and just walk a few blocks. I&#39;m spoiled!

IzzyR
    September 24, 2012 at 1:32 pm

They are so cheerful your blocks!! I loved watching Avonlea , do you remember Road to Avonlea? Prince Edward Island ahaahhhhh ! πŸ™‚ Lovely blocks..

Jennifer
    September 24, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Cute blocks!! And I love Anne of Green Gables… Chaney and I are reading it together right now. <br /><br />Jennifer πŸ™‚

Cathy
    September 24, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Love your blocks, so fresh and pretty! Haven&#39;t seen Anne for years, much rewatch it with my baby girl!!

Cathy
    September 24, 2012 at 2:53 pm

trish
    September 24, 2012 at 3:55 pm

It sounds like you had a perfect weekend.<br />It is finally cooling enough that I can work on our property.<br />It seems I spend every waken moment out there. :0)<br />Your blocks are so sweet. I love your color combinations!!<br />Have a great week. Love ya! Trish<br />ps. Anne of Green Gables is one of my very favorite movies!!<br />Since my middle name is spelled &quot;Anne&quot;, Woody

Kristie
    September 24, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Great blocks! And I love Anne of Green Gables, just picked up the box set at Costco and plan to give it to my girls for Christmas!

Nanette Merrill
    September 24, 2012 at 4:34 pm

With your fabric choices, those blocks are perfect. I wish they were mine.

nancy b.
    September 24, 2012 at 5:43 pm

These are just beautiful, love the different blocks, the lovely fabrics and how you&#39;ve combinded them. I agree about the yard work…hard to stay motivated, especially now that the leaves have started to drift down over everything…much more fun to make quilt blocks!

Rachel Booth
    September 24, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Beautiful blocks!! I love Anne of Green Gables, too!! !:)

Sheila
    September 24, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Oh how I love these blocks. I wish I had done this sew along, too.<br />I loved Anne of Green Gables!!!!

vintage grey
    September 24, 2012 at 10:58 pm

So sweet are these blocks Amy!! Love the strawberry fabrics!! xo Heather

Michele
    September 25, 2012 at 4:28 am

Very pretty. I like both your versions and jackie&#39;s version. It will be great to see how they both finish.

Katy Cameron
    September 25, 2012 at 6:20 am

Looking good :o) Glad you had time to catch up a bit

Pat
    September 25, 2012 at 7:17 am

Pretty blocks! Laughing about your garden work – by this time of year all I want that stuff to do is DIE and go away. πŸ˜€

Thimbleanna
    September 25, 2012 at 10:25 am

They&#39;re beautiful Amy! These are my favorite set — your fabric choices are perfect!

Jennifer Diane
    September 25, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Really pretty…

UBee
    November 6, 2012 at 11:45 am

Absolutely gorgeous!! Those tiny alphabet letters are divine! Do you know the name of hte line/manufacturer or where I could find some? Thanks!