Fabric pretties + snowflakes

We have had a grey, blah, foggy, smoggy, icy winter in these here parts. Cruddiest winter I can remember. I feel like I’ve relocated to the Planet Hoth. So I’m looking for any kind of color and sunshine I can get my hands on. Even if it comes in fabric form. (Or should I say especially if it comes in fabric form? wink, wink)

This happy bundle, totally fits the bill, don’t you think? I’ve been such a fan of Lizzy House’s Pearl Bracelet design ever since the first teal piece I bought a couple of years ago. And to know it was being printed in every color of the rainbow?? Dreamy. I got this fat quarter bundle from Westwood Acres. So pretty. And cheerful! I know I’m going to need a few of those colors in bigger pieces of yardage before it’s all gone.

Another recent acquisition from Westwood Acres is this fat quarter bundle of Allison Glass’s Bike Path print in her Lucky Penny collection. Such pretty colors and a great blender fabric. I’m getting up the courage to actually open the bundle.

One more recent fabric favorite: Stamped by Ellen Luckett Baker for Kokka. I don’t know what it is that I love so much about this line – between the bright, primary colors (totally me) and the simple graphic design on the linen fabric – but it just calls my name.  I couldn’t resist getting some. I think it was Anna’s bag that first made me fall in love. I may have to shamelessly copy pay homage to that bag. Stamped is available from Pink Castle FabricsDry Goods Designs, and Sew Mama Sew.
For as much as I dislike winter – especially this one – there are some perks. My favorite one being the fact that it’s great stay-inside-and-sew weather. No yard guilt. I don’t want to leave my house at all, so I am sewing up a storm.

Another perk, is occaisional pretty/coolness like these giant snowflake/crystals that covered everything last Friday. I grabbed my camera and tried, with mostly mediocre results, to capture some of the magic. But I got lucky with a few shots. Here’s a little sample of the big, perfect snowflakes that covered everything!

Hope you’re staying snuggly warm (if you’re in the Norther Hemisphere that is) and finding your own silver-lining to this blah time of year.

Claire
    January 26, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Great fabrics Amy and don't worry, your winter will soon be over and then you'll be hot all the time during summer.

Katy Cameron
    January 26, 2013 at 5:13 pm

It's funny, the rest of the UK is covered in snow (to the extent that both my parents, who were travelling home from working away in different places yesterday, got stuck on the motorways because lorries were playing silly buggers and getting stuck on the hills. My dad got home at 3 am, and my mum at 4 am, although she was definitely worse off as she'd just left Barcelona at 22C before

Illuminatedquilt
    January 26, 2013 at 7:14 pm

As always Amy you have such pretty things to show us !

Beth
    January 26, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Those are great photos! And great fabrics!

JanuaryT
    January 26, 2013 at 8:25 pm

That would brighten my day for sure:) I can't wait to see what you make with the lovely pearls!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski
    January 26, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Your new fabric would brighten my world Amy!! Great photos. It's been miserable cold here and our road trip south to warm weather looks like it is going to be delayed by an ice storm.

Jennie
    January 26, 2013 at 10:39 pm

I&#39;m with you – I do love the winter for the no-guilt sewing time. Not that it stops me in the summer, but this way, I don&#39;t have to worry about yard work. Just some shoveling of snow every now and again.<br /><br />Lovely fabrics. I like playing with bright colors in the winter. Bring my own sunshine into the sewing room!

Live a Colorful Life
    January 26, 2013 at 10:40 pm

I think stamped is saying hi to the American Jane who lives inside you…

Jenny Faasavalu
    January 27, 2013 at 5:33 am

Good thing you took those photos before the fog hit this weekend! This smog is going to kill us! Or depress us. Good thing we have sewing and fabric to keep us happy in Utah!

pam
    January 27, 2013 at 7:28 am

drooling over the pearl bracelets!

trish
    January 27, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Hi Amy.<br />The snow flake pictures are so pretty.<br />I can&#39;t get over how tiny and perfect <br />each one is!<br />Your fabrics look like lots of fun!<br />A wonderful alternative to the outside<br />chill. Try and stay warm! :o)<br />Trish xo

Cassandra
    January 27, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Fabric shopping is a great way to cure the winter blues. πŸ˜‰ I love the colors you picked. So cheerful!

Esch House Quilts
    January 27, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Beautiful photos! I must get some of that Lucky Penny bike path before it&#39;s all gone!

Becky
    January 27, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Would be really hard for me to use any of those pretty fabrics. Just wanna drool over them for a while. So ready for winter to be over, but I guess spring is just around the corner!

diane
    January 28, 2013 at 10:49 am

Amy, now you have become a fabric enabler. I just might have to pick up a few of those prints. I did already buy the 1/2 yard stack of the Pearl Bracelets. Aren&#39;t they yummy?

rachel
    January 28, 2013 at 5:27 pm

I keep going back to look at the Stamped collection too! That bag Anna did was gorgeous! I might have to go get some finally. πŸ˜‰

Sarah Heiner
    January 28, 2013 at 7:37 pm

I love this post. Especially because I love color and your amazing shots of those snowflakes.

pandchintz
    January 31, 2013 at 3:16 am

It might be blah for you, but for me Down Under it looks sooooo pretty!! Love those fabrics – have availed myself of some bracelets…..!