Modern Baby – Coming Soon!

A fun little project to share. Martingale has a new arrival this spring: a new book called Modern Baby– a collection of fresh, fun quilts for the new babies in your lives.

And I got to contribute a project toward this happy cause. This quilt is called Crossweave. It’s so fun to finally spill the beans! Here’s a sneak peak at a few of the other quilts in the book. The adorable cover quilt with the fish and bubbles is by Dana of Old Red Barn Co.
Martingale - Modern Baby
 I love this one called Busy Blocks by Shea Henderson.
Martingale - Modern Baby
Very cool Floating Pyramid by Audrie of Bleu is Blue.
Martingale - Modern Baby
Ombre zig-zags in this one by Melissa of Happy Quilting.
Martingale - Modern Baby
And I love these Tiny Textured Trees by Carolyn Friedlander.

Here’s a little more detail from the folks at Martingale: In this amazingly diverse collection, a bevy of talented quilting bloggers present appealing baby-quilt designs for sewists and quilters of all skill levels. Designers include Amy SmartAudrie BidwellCarolyn FriedlanderCarrie Bloomston, Dana BolyardJake FinchJen EskridgeLindsey RhodesMelissa CorryPippa Eccles ArmbresterSarah FlynnShea Henderson, and Victoria Findlay Wolfe.
  • Showcase bright, bold solids and modern fabrics–perfect for stimulating Baby’s senses
  • Choose from 14 small quilts that can be easily completed in time for the baby shower
  • Rely on clear instructions and illustrations for each inviting design
I feel truly honored to be in such company. Modern Babyis due for delivery at the beginning of April. I’m sure there will be more to share when it arrives. Yay!

Big congrats Amy!! :0)<br />Your quilt is super cute.<br />What an honor to have another<br />one of your fabulous patterns<br />published!! Trish xo

Congratulations! Just in time, as I have three new grand babies arriving this year! I know all the Mommies would love a modern baby quilt. Your contribution is fabulous!

Awesome! How cool is that….you and Dana in the same book!:) Too bad it wasn&#39;t coming a little sooner so I could take it to the Sew South Retreat and get her to sign it! I&#39;ll need to show this to our shop owner!:)<br /><br />Got your book sitting here in my two do pile….along with some fabric for your Love Notes!:)<br />xo

I love your quilt Amy!! So adorable!! Oh, and totally random, But I found out today that there is a second book for Princess Academy, called Palace of Stone. Didn&#39;t know if you knew but thought your daughter might like to check it out :)

This is fabulous! I love doing baby quilts — they come together fairly quickly and it&#39;s a nice size to experiment with something outside my comfort zone. I just tell myself that the baby won&#39;t notice if I make a mistake, and everyone else will be too busy looking at the baby so they won&#39;t see mistakes, either! It&#39;s nice to see a book with fresh, contemporary designs for baby

• says

We share the same philosophy of baby quilts! I love making baby quilts because they are a quick project for my short attention span. And you&#39;re right no one notices the imperfections – esp when there is a baby around. :)<br /><br />Thanks for liking the quilting. I&#39;m kind of sheepish about that part – I did it myself and I feel like it&#39;s the weakest part of the quilt. :( You made me