New Pattern + New Quilt: Square Knots

This is a quilt I’ve been so excited to share. I made the quilt this past fall, but I can finally show it off. It’s called Square Knots.

And the reason I can finally share, is that this quilt is in the Spring 2013 issue of Fons and Porter’s Easy Quilts magazine! This is my first quilt in a real magazine and it makes me a little giddy seeing it there. This issue has lots of great projects including beautiful quilts by Lee Heinrich of Freshly Pieced and Pat Sloan.

This quilt was made using the Set Sail collection by Birch Fabrics with a blue Essex cotton/linen blend as the background. I love how the linen gives the quilt some texture and the color is perfect for setting off those nautical prints. The quilting was done by my friend, Monica Steelman. The finished quilt is 42″ x 54″.

My favorite of the prints in Set Sail is the cheater squares print on the back. I’m also partial to the Sea Urchins. And right now, the whole Set Sail collection is on sale at Fabricworm. Looking at this makes me in the mood for summer.

Kits for this quilt are available from Fabric Worm. You can check out the other quilts in the Easy Quilts Spring 2013 issue here, or find in on your favorite local newsstand.

Oh love it Amy…I was not going to start any new projects until July, so I could get wip projects done, but going to do this one….Thanks Amy and off to buy the Fons and Porter book…

Congratulations! It must be amazing to see a quilt in a magazine! WTG! The quilt is adorable too!<br /><br />Cheery wave!<br />Bev

Gorgeous! I&#39;m a cardmaker who follows a few quilting blogs (love the patterns) and for a second I thought this was a card, and by the time I thought – what a cool card – it looks like a quilt, the penny dropped and I figured it out! These are wonderful patterns and colours and I think you&#39;ve used them perfectly!

Congratulations, Amy!! With your beautiful work- I would think you&#39;d be in ALL the magazines ALL the time! Love your work!! Beautiful quilt- from the fabrics to the pattern- LOVE it!!

Congratulations Amy, it is a beautiful quilt. I had a little giggle whe. You said you wanted summer as it&#39;s summer here and it has caused all sorts of strife with fires. I&#39;m not sure if or how much Australian news is broadcast to you but it is a bad season for fires here. So as you wish for warmer weather, we pray for cooler – just to stop the fires.

Congratulations!!! Fons and Porter no less…I believe that is the big time! <br />It&#39;s beautiful. I know it&#39;s not the same but the blue solids remind me of the Scottish flag :)

It&#39;s been said before aboce. But who can get enough of praise? CONGRATULATIONS. It&#39;s so exciting to be published for the first time, isn&#39;t it? Here&#39;s to a long list of such achievements.

Amy, did you know that this quilt has already been on Pinterest!? I&#39;d seen your name by it and wondered if you&#39;d seen it.<br />It is an awesome quilt! (my brother told me that epic is replacing awesome, sooo it is an EPIC quilt!:))

Wow–this is so cute! Congrats on your magazine feature! I just finished making my second son&#39;s quilt for his room but now that I see this fabric collection (especially the cheater fabric) makes me want to start all over and make them new quilts! Especially because I&#39;m doing like a nautical theme. What do you do with all your quilts? Do you have like a zillion or do you give them

Such an adorable quilt, Amy! I can&#39;t believe this is your first pattern in a magazine?? Well, congrats! Super happy to share an issue with you! : )

That&#39;s so cute Amy! Love the colors! Congratulations for having it published in the magazine too. That&#39;s so exciting! It was fun to see you yesterday!<br /><br />Amber

Congratulations! Great way to start off the new year. It&#39;s a lovely quilt. I&#39;m sure lots of successful projects and publications will follow.

Just wanted to let you know that I made this quilt with different fabrics for my baby boy that&#39;s due next week. It was my first quilt and I LOVE it so much. Thank you for the inspiration and for all you do!!

• says

That is so great Tina! I&#39;m so glad you enjoyed making the quilt and that you are happy with the result. Good luck with your sweet new baby!

I wonder how you manage to be so creative and efficient! I am new to quilting, and every time I search the web for ideas for beautiful and easy patterns, I always end up choosing yours! I am amazed it is the first time you got one published, but congratulations! Hopefully there will be many more. Thank You for sharing your ideas.