Valentines Projects

I’m starting to pull out the Valentine’s Day decor. I tend to leave a lot of my red and white decorations up after Christmas, including my snowflake pillows because they add some color right Valentine’s Day.

This year I have a fun new wall hanging to add to my Valentine’s decor – my Love Notes quilt created for the Moda Sweet Celebrationsbook.

Sweet Celebrationsis full of projects for ideas throughout the year. I have a handful of copies of Sweet Celebrations left in my shop. They are on sale for 30% off for the rest of the week and will probably go fast. There is only one left.

I designed this quilt with my own family in mind – creating pockets where valentines or other love notes can be shared. The fabric is from Aneela Hoey’s Walk in the Woods collection. Perfect colors with out being over the top valentines-y.

Some other favorite Valentine projects: A quick – and coordinating – project is this simple Heart throw-pillow. You can find the tutorial here.

This is a tutorial for a quick and simple scrappy 9-patch mini-quilt that I made last year. It would be an easy way to use up red, pink and white scraps for a fast project.

Finally, the Heart Quilt block tutorial I shared this past October. Now it’s finally seasonal!

from Martha Stewart
And one of my all-time favorite Valentine’s decorations/ways to use up old, broken crayons, are these wax hearts from Martha Stewart. So simple and they always turn out so cool!  If you have other favorite Valentine projects, feel free to add them in the comments! It’s so nice to have something colorful and cheery to get through the blah month of January.

Comments

I love your wall hanging and heart pillow Amy! So cute! I want to make them both! Let&#39;s see if I can find the time…<br /><br />Are you going to the Cabin Fever quilt retreat in February? I hope so!<br /><br />Amber

I love your valentine quilt, so cute. I also noticed your wall clock. I have wall clock very very similiar. It is made by Mauthe a german company. It belonged to my husbands grandfather and has such a wonderful sound. I love listening to it tick while I am hand quilting.

The wall hanging is adorable. I love it. And your fabric work perfectly. The idea of family sending notes is very sweet. I wish I had thought of this. I guess it isn&#39;t too late.

Drat….that&#39;s what happens when I go to work…I don&#39;t get on the computer so I don&#39;t see sales!:) Oh well…I&#39;ll live!<br /><br />We still have lights on two outside trees…I just can&#39;t bear to take them down since it&#39;s been too, too gloomy! <br /><br />I love those melted crayon hearts…another fun thing is to use pink and red paper and cut out heart shapes THEN cut

I just love your wall hanging:):) The fabric line is one of my favorites . I just want to copy everything you create..love your work:):)

Love your blog banner. I am not sure how long you have had it. I guess I should be ashamed that I haven&#39;t visited (aaaahhhh SORRY) in such a long time. Or short time… It looks great though. And I adore your Scandinavian inspired pillow on your kitchen chair. Truly scrumptious.

Hi Amy, I&#39;m stopping at your newest post. I have the same wall clock. It is nearly 100 years old, from my grandfather born in 1888 in Germany.