Valentines Projects

I’m starting to pull out the Valentine’s Day decor. I tend to leave a lot of my red and white decorations up after Christmas, including my snowflake pillows because they add some color right Valentine’s Day.

This year I have a fun new wall hanging to add to my Valentine’s decor – my Love Notes quilt created for the Moda Sweet Celebrationsbook.

Sweet Celebrationsis full of projects for ideas throughout the year. I have a handful of copies of Sweet Celebrations left in my shop. They are on sale for 30% off for the rest of the week and will probably go fast. There is only one left.

I designed this quilt with my own family in mind – creating pockets where valentines or other love notes can be shared. The fabric is from Aneela Hoey’s Walk in the Woods collection. Perfect colors with out being over the top valentines-y.

Some other favorite Valentine projects: A quick – and coordinating – project is this simple Heart throw-pillow. You can find the tutorial here.

This is a tutorial for a quick and simple scrappy 9-patch mini-quilt that I made last year. It would be an easy way to use up red, pink and white scraps for a fast project.

Finally, the Heart Quilt block tutorial I shared this past October. Now it’s finally seasonal!

from Martha Stewart
And one of my all-time favorite Valentine’s decorations/ways to use up old, broken crayons, are these wax hearts from Martha Stewart. So simple and they always turn out so cool!  If you have other favorite Valentine projects, feel free to add them in the comments! It’s so nice to have something colorful and cheery to get through the blah month of January.

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard
    January 14, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Oh my word, cutest thing ever. Seriously, I love it!

Funky Kim
    January 14, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I just received that book. Even made a mental note to myself to remember to haul it along next time I might see you. Make you autograph it! LOL

Acorn to Oak
    January 14, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Such wonderful projects! I love them all…but…especially, the pillow at the bottom. It's so cute!

Amber
    January 14, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I love your wall hanging and heart pillow Amy! So cute! I want to make them both! Let&#39;s see if I can find the time…<br /><br />Are you going to the Cabin Fever quilt retreat in February? I hope so!<br /><br />Amber

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~
    January 14, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Oh I love your wall hanging!! It&#39;s so gorgeous!! and Love that you can tuck a little note in there! Too cute! πŸ™‚ Happy new week! xo Holly

CRAZY DAZY
    January 14, 2013 at 2:48 pm

hi, love the colours in the valentine quilt…lovely fabric, ali

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things
    January 14, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I love your valentine quilt, so cute. I also noticed your wall clock. I have wall clock very very similiar. It is made by Mauthe a german company. It belonged to my husbands grandfather and has such a wonderful sound. I love listening to it tick while I am hand quilting.

Katy Cameron
    January 14, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Such cute ideas, love them all :o)

Bloggymom
    January 14, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Love the wall quilt!!

gilly
    January 14, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Your quilt is so, so lovely – and the heart pillows are fab too. Definitely need to make that!<br />Have a happy week,<br />xx

Nanette Merrill
    January 14, 2013 at 4:42 pm

The wall hanging is adorable. I love it. And your fabric work perfectly. The idea of family sending notes is very sweet. I wish I had thought of this. I guess it isn&#39;t too late.

dolores
    January 14, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Drat….that&#39;s what happens when I go to work…I don&#39;t get on the computer so I don&#39;t see sales!:) Oh well…I&#39;ll live!<br /><br />We still have lights on two outside trees…I just can&#39;t bear to take them down since it&#39;s been too, too gloomy! <br /><br />I love those melted crayon hearts…another fun thing is to use pink and red paper and cut out heart shapes THEN cut

gin
    January 14, 2013 at 9:38 pm

found you by blog hopping. really nice pieces you have created.

Holli
    January 14, 2013 at 11:04 pm

I love your Valentine wall hanging! And the pillow! Thanks for the ideas. They&#39;re just lovely!

noseringirl
    January 15, 2013 at 2:27 am

I love the Valentine&#39;s quilt! I&#39;m new to the whole quilting thing but I think I may attempt the pillow…Thanks for the tutorial!

Thimbleanna
    January 15, 2013 at 7:45 am

So cute — I love it Amy!

mjb
    January 15, 2013 at 7:51 am

I just love your wall hanging:):) The fabric line is one of my favorites . I just want to copy everything you create..love your work:):)

barefootT
    January 15, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I am working on two of those mini nine patches πŸ™‚ one to give away and one to keep. Thanks so much for sharing your design .

Elise
    January 15, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Love it all!!!!

Jola
    January 16, 2013 at 4:10 am

WspaniaΕ‚e pomysΕ‚y. PiΔ™kne wykonanie, cudowna kolorystyka. Serdecznie pozdrawiam. Jola

Md. Shariful Islam
    January 18, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Wow!Wonderful Valentine quits. The beautiful pillow &amp; wall hanging increase the beauty of house, offices. Love your all of the posting. Hope to see <a href="http://threads.co.uk/&quot; rel="nofollow">more</a> adorable posts. Thank You.

Annette - "MyRoseValley"
    January 23, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Love your blog banner. I am not sure how long you have had it. I guess I should be ashamed that I haven&#39;t visited (aaaahhhh SORRY) in such a long time. Or short time… It looks great though. And I adore your Scandinavian inspired pillow on your kitchen chair. Truly scrumptious.

giddy99
    January 23, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Very cute! I have a clock that is nearly identical to yours! πŸ™‚

Chris
    January 31, 2013 at 3:30 am

Hi Amy, I&#39;m stopping at your newest post. I have the same wall clock. It is nearly 100 years old, from my grandfather born in 1888 in Germany.