Running and Reflecting

My Virtual Quilting Bee block #3. Don’t forget that Friday the VQB block #4 will be available!

This week I feel a bit like a crazy lady.  I’m working on a bunch of deadlines at the moment including a new quilt tutorial for next week. I feel like I’ve been sewing like a mad woman, with nothing to share. Yet. Lots of works in progress, which means they will show up here at some point.

I’m also going to a conference this weekend and I thought it would be fun to make a new bag. I even have the pile of fabrics sitting on my kitchen table, ready to cut. But instead of spending time there…

I got to spend time here… My machine’s motor brush (according to minds far superior to mine) went out. So I spent an hour round trip on Monday driving my machine to the shop to get fixed. To say the timing was bad would be a colossal understatement. I was feeling so frustrated. Until I started listening to the news out of Boston as I started driving. Suddenly everything was put into perspective. Again. Sending love and prayers to all those affected by the events in Boston this week.

Fortunately my machine was fixed by the next morning (hooray!) by the fine folks at Dave’s Bernina and I picked it up on Tuesday. So it’s back to work here, but I’m trying to do it a little more cheerfully and be grateful for the things I sometimes take for granted. While I may not have that new bag, it’s pretty small in the whole scheme of things. Sending well wishes your way as well!

April 17, 2013 at 11:57 am

Sometimes that happens…when you sew and sew, but feel as if the project will never end πŸ™‚ m.

Mandy Beyeler
    April 17, 2013 at 12:21 pm

You'll be at SNAP?! fun, me too! – Mandy, Sugar Bee Crafts

April 17, 2013 at 12:29 pm

can't wait to see what you have been making!

April 17, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Yes I agree, Amy, horrific events like what happened in Boston sure put things in perspective. So sad. I am looking forward to your reveals AND the tutorial!! πŸ™‚

Marci Warren-Elmer
    April 17, 2013 at 12:50 pm

That is going to be the cutest bag ever! Have fun at SNAP!

Angela Nash
    April 17, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Just dropped my machine off for repairs this AM, and was trying to keep the perspective, too. Hopefully mine is done by end of day tomorrow – I have lots of baby sewing to do!<br />

Acorn to Oak
    April 17, 2013 at 2:10 pm

I like the block in the top photo. Pretty. That&#39;s great that you know of a place that can get your machine back up and working and so quickly.

April 17, 2013 at 2:17 pm

You are always so grounded – a wonderful voice in the blog world.

Missy Shay
    April 17, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Get a hand crank sewing machine, so when your expensive new machine breaks down, you&#39;ll have a back up! That&#39;s what I do, but to be honest, I&#39;ve started using the hand crank more than the electric! LOL

amy smart
      April 17, 2013 at 11:48 pm

I totally need a back-up! And a hand-crank is still useful when the power goes out. I&#39;m going to have to look into one of those…

April 17, 2013 at 3:11 pm

well said my friend. Have fun at the conference

Kira Rae
    April 17, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Love the guys at Dave&#39;s, they&#39;ve saved my butt a few times! <br />

Katy Cameron
    April 17, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Well even machines need a rest at times!

amy smart
      April 17, 2013 at 11:46 pm

So true. Mine was probably doing it in protest of all the overtime I&#39;ve put it through recently. Can&#39;t say I blame it too much.

Mary on Lake Pulaski
    April 17, 2013 at 5:12 pm

That bag will be great whenever you get to it Amy! Just brought my machine in to the doctor today, but they are not as fast as yours.

April 17, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Ooh, I love that top block. Such fantastic colors. <br /><br />It&#39;s easy to get caught up in complaining and feeling frustrated and then promptly be reminded of some tragedy that is way worse than anything I&#39;ve ever faced. πŸ™‚ I feel so bad for the victims of that bombing.

April 17, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Your sewing area looks so inspiring…tidy and colorful…with lots of happy light shinning in. <br /><br />Sad-SAD turn of events in Boston…sooo sad! <br /><br />I recognize the repair shop in your photo…it&#39;s my favorite repair place. I love Doctor Chris. =)<br /><br />hugZ,<br />annie

T.C. NilgΓΌn Komar
    April 18, 2013 at 6:53 am

Δ±ts very good

Mom C
    April 20, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Recognize it too, unfortunately my Bernina has been having some real issues so I&#39;ve been having a few heart to hearts on the pros and cons of repair versus replacement. I hate to replace my old trusty and true. I&#39;m loving the blog hop. Thanks.