A new Union Jack bag + Fabric Fest

Welcome to my stop on the Riley Blake Fabric Fest blog tour. I’m so excited to show off my latest sewing project: a Union Jack bag! I made it this past weekend and I’m quite pleased with they way it turned out. (whew.)
I will be teaching how to make this bag in a class at the Riley Blake Fabric Fest in Las Vegas this fall.

If you’ve been around these parts before, you already know that I’m a total Anglophile. I’ve lived in the UK twice, loved it and still miss it constantly. It’s my dream to go back and live there again at some point. I finished a Union Jack quilt last summer in bright, primary colors. It was fun to try a new version in pastel colors.  I’ve also modified the Union Jack pattern.

This bag was made with fabrics from the new Kensington collection for Riley Blake, due out in July. The prints in this collection are SO pretty and I love the way they play together. If you sign up for this class at Fabric Fest, kits will be available for $35.

I will also be teaching three other classes at Fabric Fest including introductions to Modern Quilting as well as a class about using up those scraps. (A constant battle.) For more pictures from teachers and class teasers visit these other stops on the tour. Some of them even include Riley Blake fabric giveaways. There are some amazingly talented teachers involved with this event. I am still feeling a little bit out of my league!

Wednesday, June 5 Jina Barney of Riley Blake Designs
Thursday, June 6 Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet
 Friday, June 7 Elizabeth and Liz Evans of Simply Simon & Co
Saturday, June 8 Nancy Zieman/Deanna Springer of Nancy Zieman.com
Monday, June 10 Melissa Mortenson of The Polka Dot Chair
Tuesday, June 11 Carolina Moore of Always Expect Moore
Wednesday, June 12 Paige Hill of Riley Blake Designs, Jennifer of Tatertots and JelloBecky & Kari of U-Create
Thursday, June 13 Amanda Herring of The Quilted Fish
Friday, June 14 Kim Christopherson & Kris Thurgood of My Girlfriends Quilt Shoppe
Saturday, June 15  Bonnie Bailey on Riley Blake Designs
 Monday, June 17 Lila Tueller of Lila Tueller Designs
Tuesday, June 18 Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter (moi)
Wednesday, June 19 Lindsay Wilkes of The Cottage Mama
Thursday, June 20 Sue Daley of Sue Daley Designs
Friday, June 21 Eleanor Burns/ Sue Bouchard of Quilt in a Day
Saturday, June 22 Jenny, Natalie, & Sarah of Missouri Star Quilt Company
 Monday, June 24 Andrea Goddard of And I Sew
Tuesday, June 25 Becky, Brooke, Jamie, Kirsten, & Nikkala of The Crafting Chicks
Wednesday, June 26 Deonn Stott of Quiltscapes
 Thursday, June 27 Sandy Workman of Pine Mountain Designs
Friday, June 28 Sydney Haglund of Memory Quilt Maker
Click here for more information about Fabric Fest. And let me know if you are planning to come! I hope you can. I love meeting blog-land friends in person.

Comments

Beautiful bag. I love the fabrics you used. How different it looks than the usual blues & reds usually found inteh union jack designs. Great job.

I love the bag. Will the pattern be available after the fabric Fest? I also would like to be in the UK. My ancestors lived in London and I still have distant cousins there.

Really cute bag! Don&#39;t you love the new Riley Blake Union Jack fabric? I LOVE this bag!<br /><br />Cheery wave from<br />Bev

Wow girl! You are going to be super busy teaching all those classes. Good for you. I absolutely love your bag. I&#39;m not sure what you tweaked on the pattern but I really like it more than others I&#39;ve seen.<br />If I were headed to Fabric Fest, I would for sure take the class from you for this bag. Sadly, I cannot get there.

Your bag is absolutely stunning! I love it. Wish I could come to the Fabric Fest. It looks like there is going to be so much cool stuff &amp; classes.

Such a lovely bag! The fabrics are so pretty! I will not be attending for many different reasons, but I am sure it will be a fenomenal fest. thanks for the inspiration.<br />Have a great day!<br />Liz

I love your Union Jack bag, it&#39;s gorgeous! I don &#39;t think I can go to Fabric Fest because my daughter&#39;s baby is due in August. That&#39;s just too much time to be gone :(

Thanks so much for the bag love! I don&#39;t consider myself a bag-specialist, so was way excited when it turned out better than I&#39;d hoped!

Great bag and great fabric choice! I envy all those who&#39;ll be able to attend your class!! I really hope the pattern will be available after Fest!

Fantastic bag with the unusual Union Jack colors…. Congratulations on your upcoming classes and trip. It looks like it will be lots of fun and interesting classes too.

Hi, has the pattern for the bag been released yet please? I&#39;ve had a quick look for it, but can&#39;t see it in your store :(<br /><br />Hugs<br />Naomi