Modern Domestic

Amazing Flying Geese quilt by Rachel
I was just going through some pictures and rediscovered some pretty ones I took while I was in Portland this spring.
I was in Portland for Quilt Market, and got the chance to visit a beautiful local shop called Modern Domestic. The shop offeres classes taught in a gorgeous, modern space. They also carry Bernina sewing machines and a beautiful selection of modern fabrics. With so many pretty things to look at, I figured the pictures needed to be shared.
And some pretty, classic fabrics too, in this case gorgeous Liberty lawns. (I still want to get a copy of the book Liberty Love. I’ve flipped through a copy and it’s so pretty with some great projects.)
Cool embroidery hoop mobile.
Lots of  beautiful inspiration on the walls. I’m such a sucker for red, white, and blue, so I especially loved the string quilt above as well as the flying geese quilt in the top photo. I want to dig through my stash and scraps to make one of each.

If you’re going to Portland, I recommend a visit. You can find out more about Modern Domestic here.

Comments

The stack of solids is so beautiful; like stained glass. Wonderful shot. I also really like the Liberty Lawns. Would make a wonderful traditional-meets-modern type of quilt. Great pics!

I'm only about a 1/2 hour from Portland and still have never been to Modern Domestic. Ha! Better plan a trip soon :) Nice to know they carry Berninas–I have a new one and want to buy another foot. Great excuse to go, right ?

The 3rd picture is fabric from Skinny Ma Links from South Africa! I have bought some of her scrap bundles on Etsy. So glad she is local, because as much as I would love to buy from the online shops, the shipping costs kills the pleasure.

The flying geese quilt is by Rachel Kerley who blogs at 2nd ave studio. She is a fellow PMQG member and amazing quilter!! Sorry we didn't get to see each other more when you were here it was so busy!

Gorgeous shop, sadly I'm on the other side of the world. Probably a good thing as far as my bank account is concerned. I like the kaleidoscope looking quilt – how do you think they did that?

Thank you for showing us all of these beautiful quilts! They are amazing!<br />Esther<br />esthersipatchandquilt dot yahoo dot com<br />ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com<br />