Playing with new fabric

I have a few new fabric crushes. If you’ve been a long-time reader, this first one will come as no surprise: Sandy Klop’s (aka American Jane) latest collection, Potluck for Moda Fabrics. (I have long-documented my Sandy Klop infatuation, borderline-fettish. She’s one of my all-time fave’s.)

Whether you too are a Sandy-stalker, or not, this is a great new collection full of primary colors and good, basic prints. I’m so excited to see the tone-on-tone ginghams back from her Peas and Carrots collection. And if you were part of the Pez craze, you will be happy to see the return of those too.

As well as those awesome ruler prints!
There are also some adorable new prints, such as those baby chicks! I’m thinking of making some colorful Dresden blocks to take with me on our end-of-summer road trip later this summer.
Potluck yardage will hit stores in October, but precuts will start appearing sooner. (Fresh Squeezed fabric has a few on hand.) You can also preorder Potluck precuts from Green Fairy Quilts.
One of my favorite collections that is available in stores is Baby Jane by Moda. I am SO smitten with this color palette right now (red, aqua, and mustard yellow) – they’re some of the same colors of those vintage tea-cups I found recently.
The prints in this collection are retro-inspired and so, so cute. How I love those bias-stripes. Also some great low-volume prints. I’m currently sewing a baby quilt with these jelly-roll strips. I’ll share the final outcome in the next few weeks. Baby Jane is available now from the BloomerieFat Quarter Shop, Fabricworm, and Southern Fabrics.

As further proof that I love bias stripes and that I’m digging the red/aqua/yellow color palette, my recent order from JAQS Fabrics looks coincidentally similar! I ordered a bunch of the red and gray bias stripes from Tasha Noel’s Little Red Riding Hood collection for Riley Blake. Perfect for future bindings. Plus some Moda aqua stripes and a bit of yellow Seaside. (Such a good print and color.)

And finally, I even sat down to sew with a friend this weekend. I’m working on a Union Jack pattern, and she was my guinea pig. While I cracked the whip, I also caught up a little on my Virtual Quilting Bee blocks #9 and #11.

One more and then I’ll be caught up. It’s kind of exciting (and fun) to see them all together!

Comments

I am also infatuated with Sandy. :)<br />With most lines (even her&#39;s) there are some prints that I don&#39;t like, but I love everyone of these! I might have to order my first FQ Bundle – or 1/2 yard bundle? :)

We have the same taste in fabric for certain. Potluck and Baby Jane are two of my top 5 upcoming fabric lines. All the prints and colors are great for stash-building too, not that I need any help in that area!

I love love love American Jane. I did my trip around the world with the ABC123 collection. I can&#39;t wait to get my hands on some of the potluck collection.

Hey Amy! What type of Union Jack pattern are you making? I made a non-paper pieced version earlier in the year that I want to use in a quilting bee, but always looking for other options! I&#39;ve got it on my blog mollisparkles.com if you want to have a look!

Wow! Such beautiful fabrics and colors! It&#39;s like candy for my eyes! I love your quilt blocks too! The gray one with the red and blue is especially stunning! :-)

Everything Sandy Klop designs makes my heart go pitter patter. I got butterflies when pictures of that fabric popped up on my screen. Enjoy!

I love Potluck! This is my first time seeing it. I&#39;ve had a snowball quilt on my to-do list for years but haven&#39;t acquired the right fabric for my &quot;vision&quot;. I feel in love with a sample quilt made out of bright 30s repro prints in my LQS and just can&#39;t get it out of my head. This line would be perfect! Looking forward to seeing your finished Baby Jane quilt – that is a color