It took me a while before I finally decided what to do with the collection – I chose my Double Crossed pattern because I really liked how the green solid (I think it’s Kona Green Grass) contrasted with the busy floral patterns.
Lest anyone out there think that I am constantly cranking out a quilt – because I know it can tend to seem that way in blogland – let this quilt be a good example of the reality behind the scenes. Fabric purchased 3-4 years ago; finally started cutting into it 1.5 years ago; started piecing blocks last summer; finished piecing blocks at a retreat in February; finally sewed all the blocks together at the beginning of the summer, then it still took me 2 months to add the borders and choose a back; had someone else do the quilting last week. And voila. It is finally done.
The back for this one is a vintage sheet I found at a thrift store a few years ago. I knew I wanted a vintage sheet for the back and it took me a while to find just the right one. I’ve actually cut up most of the one’s I have. Fortunately I’d preserved this one because I liked it so much and it turned out to be a good match. Plus, it was just the right size! And it was so nice not to have to piece a back.