All kinds of fabric-y fun

Why hello again! I’ve spent most of this week teaching at Riley Blake’s Fabric Fest convention in Las Vegas. It was all kinds of fabric-y fun. And I’m totally pooped.
Post Edit: The above pattern is called the Allyson Quilt found here.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: quilty-sewy people are always the nicest and I met some of the funnest, sweetest ladies.  I will share more of the inspiration from there sometime next week after I’ve had time to gather my wits again.

In the mean time, have you ever walked through a casino with an armful of floral fabric? Well, now I can cross that one off my bucket list.

Happy weekend!

September 13, 2013 at 11:08 pm

I sure wish I could have gone! It sure looked like a lot of fun! I look forward to seeing all of the inspiration next week!

September 13, 2013 at 11:17 pm

You guys got such cute swag bags n stuff. Sorry I missed you but I hope you had a great time. See you at Sewing Summit!

Katy Cameron
    September 14, 2013 at 4:19 am

ROFL at the last pic! Glad you had fun, looking forward to reading all about it after you've recovered :o)

September 14, 2013 at 5:13 am

Looks like a lot of fun :). Looking forward to see more pictures

September 14, 2013 at 6:32 am

I am in love with that quilt in the top pic! Is there a pattern available for it? Looks like alot of fun was had by all!

September 14, 2013 at 7:13 am

I'm in love with that top quilt, too! Please let us know more about it. So glad you've had fun, and I'm sure those casinos have seen much more interesting things than fabric, huh? πŸ™‚

September 14, 2013 at 7:23 am

I wanted to go, so bad. Vegas and fabric, that's my cup of tea. Can't wait for you to share more.

September 14, 2013 at 8:04 am

Amy I so enjoyed meeting and sewing with you! The whole week was such fun. I hope they do it again next year!

September 14, 2013 at 11:46 am

Yup, if you&#39;re going to have a retreat, Vegas sounds awfully good to me. (Never been but oh so want to).<br />I too love the quilt top in your pictures. Is there a pattern for it yet? Might there be sometime? Still loving your <br />&quot;Union Jack&quot; bag. Glad you had fun. Luba

Dianne Mitzel
    September 14, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Please give us the name of that pattern on top, and how we can get it. Love your blog, always an inspiration..

September 15, 2013 at 9:06 pm

hehe!!! I just love the pic of you standing there with your arms full of fabric in a casino. πŸ˜€

September 15, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Oh I wished I could have been there. I hope you&#39;ll share more.

Nanette Merrill
    September 16, 2013 at 10:44 am

You make me laugh. Someday the little girls will be older and I can leave more for fun things.

September 16, 2013 at 8:53 pm

everyone&#39;s dream… floral fabrics in casinos! You go!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾
    September 16, 2013 at 10:44 pm

It was so fun to meet in person. I took a lot away from your scraps class. If the kiddos cooperate ill have a photo to share of a scrap basket I made at home. You look great out there on the floor! Fabric can be high currency in some cultures;)

September 17, 2013 at 7:57 am

You&#39;re hysterical! I hope you didn&#39;t get any booze on your fabric LOL!