Wee Wander by Sarah Jane

If you are a follower of Sarah Jane’s, or if you were watching the reports out of Quilt Market with the upcoming to-be-released fabric collections, then you may have seen some peeks of Sarah Jane’s newest fabric collection for Michael Miller called, Wee Wander.
As with all of Sarah Jane’s collection, her motifs focus on the simple play and imagination of childhood. Which is why I’ve been a fan of her art long before she ever created fabric. But now to be able to use that art in my quilting – I just love it.
Here are a few snippets of her fabrics. There are two colorways – one in blues and greens called Sunset.

And one in pinks and oranges called Sunrise. Check out those cute little footprints.

I love the fireflies motif and the horses. I predict the horses will be hugely popular.

A few weeks ago I got to create a project to go in Sarah Jane’s booth at Quilt Market. Her fabric from the manufacturer arrived 7 days before she had to leave for Market! Because I’m local I often get to help with a project needed on a short deadline. I feel so lucky to get to collaborate with Sarah. She is a generous creator. (And I’ll admit it’s pretty fun to get a sneak peak of the fabric.) Now that she has introduced her new collection, I’m excited to get to share what I made a few weeks back.

Sarah requested a little quilt focusing on her art panel of the children catching fireflies with a scrappy border. It was fun to throw a few whimsical stars in there. This will be released as a free pattern when the fabric arrives in stores after the beginning of the new year. The quilting on this one was done by Melissa at Sew Shabby Quilting. I love how the design gives the sky a “Starry Night” feel – just what I’d hoped for.

Gah. I love those sweet little drawings.

Thanks so much for the love and support from my “in a funk” post last week. I’m glad to report that I’m feeling much better. My sewing room is still in need of a major clean out, but I’m feeling like myself again. It’s amazing how ‘physical’ ailment sure saps you emotionally too.

Glad you are feeling better, cleaning can come whenever :0) love love love Sarah Jane collections and this one is no exception. Lucky you to get to collaborate! Love the fireflies!

I&#39;m so glad that you are feeling better. I went through a &quot;funk&quot; about two months ago… those are rough times. I really appreciate your honesty on the blog, too. I have a hard time reconciling keeping things &quot;happy&quot; online all the time, when life might not be so rosy in real time. <br /><br />I always love your collaborative work with Sarah, and this is no exception

Oh yes; our minds and bodies are connected, for sure. Glad you are feeling so much better. And that is one gorgeous quilt with the most beautiful fabrics. I am going to look around for some of those!

Beautiful quilt! You&#39;ve done a stunning job…so much thought went into this little treasure, I just love it!<br />www.sewcraftychick.blogspot.com

This fabric and your quilt are absolutely amazing! It just draws me back to my childhood, so long ago! I can&#39;t wait for the release so that I can make this quilt for myself!

I really love the kids catching fireflies! There is a mason jar quilt block pattern that would go great with this. You use various novelty patterns for the inside of the jar and of course, kids love catching bugs in them!

These fabrics are adorable. The swirl quilting really does add to the sense of a nigh time sky. <br />I think I have the perfect pattern in mind, I can&#39;t wait until they come out.