Fare thee well 2013!

1. Modern Baby quilt book, 2. art-gallery-fabrics-indie-star-quilt, 3. handmade-quilted-bag-pellon, 4. amy-smart-double-crossed-summer-quilt, 5. free-quilt-tutorial-pattern, 6. Dresden-blocks-american-jane-fabric, 7. The Sewing Summit 2013, 8. patchwork-pumpkin-table-runner-tutorial, 9. Free Jelly Roll Quilt pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop, 10. modern-quilt-red-cross, 11. Art Gallery Fabric Color Me Retro Quilt, 12. Virtual Quilting Bee Block 1, 13. union-jack-tote-bag pattern, 14. quilts, 15. kona-solids-quilt-blocks-tutorial, 16. Modern Maples Oakshott Rubies, 17. Red and white Christmas pillows handmade, 18. Wee Wander Free-crib-quilt pattern, 19. mini-hexagon-quilt-flowers, 20. Riley-Blake-Union-jack-crib-quilt-tutorial

It’s that time of year again. The end of an old year and time to make another mosaic of past projects. I must admit I kind of like doing this at the end of the year. Makes me look back and feel productive. I will give 2013 props – it has been a good year. A little crazier in some respects than I’d expected, but here we are at the end of it and we’re hanging in there.

I’m looking forward to 2014. I have some fun goals and plans in the works and I’m excited to see how they all develop. I’m sure 2014 will have it’s share of curve balls as well. In the mean time, a huge thank you for stopping by this blog. The encouragement I receive here is amazing. Thank you!

And now a question for you: What would you like to see more of in the quilt blog world in 2014?

Also, don’t forget, lots of year-end fabric sales end today. There are still good deals to be had from shops like Cuts of CottonPink Castle Fabrics, Southern FabricsJAQS fabrics, Honey Be Good, Mad About Patchwork, and Bloomerie fabrics.

Karin H.
    December 31, 2013 at 8:29 am

I would love more pictures/tutorials on vintage quilts – I appreciate modern quilts but love the history, fabrics and patterns of vintage quilts!! I really enjoy your blog and find it very inspirational! 🙂

amy smart
      January 1, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Great suggestion Karin! I love the history of vintage quilts. I'd love to learn more about that myself.

Julie in WA
    December 31, 2013 at 10:57 am

Personally, I would like to see a return to more traditional quilt making techniques—no more HSTs, shortcuts, etc. I would like to see more inset seams and challenging tutorials. Quilting seems to have become all about 'quick, get it done using coordinating fabrics lines, etc.', producing quilts that all look alike. Perhaps that is what modern quilting is all about?

amy smart
      January 1, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I think your idea is a good one. I feel like I've always focused on teaching basic quilting to beginners, but I too, would like to learn and share more challenging techniques. Thanks Julie!

Nedra
    December 31, 2013 at 11:04 am

Isn't it nice to see what you have accomplished in 2013 all in one post? I just did the same thing, and it's a great trip down (recent) memory lane.

Tanichiwa
    December 31, 2013 at 11:23 am

What a great mosaic of 2013! Lots of beautiful pieces! <br />I am quite happy with what you present here on your blog, Amy. Maybe a little more ideas of how to mix and match fabrics would be good to see more of. <br />Happy New Year and All the Best Wishes for 2014!

amy smart
      January 1, 2014 at 4:17 pm

I&#39;ve been thinking along those lines as well. Thanks!

Becky
    December 31, 2013 at 12:06 pm

So many beautiful projects in 2013! Just more of the same is good enough for me. I love tutorials, but realize they take an awful lot of ones time. Happy new year!

mascanlon
    December 31, 2013 at 1:49 pm

I would be interested in seeing how you pull the fabric for a quilt. I am moving away from using only one line in a quilt and am timid indeed about pulling it together. Happy new Year and thanks for sharing with us all.

amy smart
      January 1, 2014 at 4:18 pm

I am just now pulling fabric for a quilt from my stash. I&#39;ll document the process to share. Thanks for the suggestion!

Lisa McDonald
    December 31, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I&#39;m hosting my daughter&#39;s baby shower this spring. I&#39;d love to make some cute favors. What are the chances of some tutorials for some homemade quilted ideas for favors???

amy smart
      January 1, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Great idea – I will look into that.

Lisa McDonald
      January 4, 2014 at 10:12 am

Thanks. I&#39;d appreciate that. I&#39;ve researched coasters, fabric bowls, zippered change purse. I was just looking for something to WOW everyone because it was different, needed and FABULOUS!!! I would probably make them all in shades of blue since my daughter is expecting a son. I can&#39;t wait to see what you come up with!!! Thanks in advance.

Katy Cameron
    December 31, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Beautiful makes for 2013, happy new year to you and your family, hope that it&#39;s all that you wish for and more :o)

Erin Quinn
    December 31, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Isn&#39;t it great to see what you have achieved, all spread out like a Christmas dinner – all the best bits right there :-)<br />I think just keep doing what you love. Sew what makes you happy, write what you&#39;re inspired to say and keep doing what you do :-D<br />E xx

Jenny Faasavalu
    January 1, 2014 at 3:55 am

I love your blog, Amy! Besides sewing, the thing I really like is when you get personal and show pictures of your family and places you visit. I loved your pioneer summer, that was totally awesome.

amy smart
      January 1, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Aww, thank you! Sometimes I wonder if the personal stuff is boring. So thanks for the encouragement!

trish
    January 1, 2014 at 9:30 am

Happy New Year Amy!! :o) I am looking forward to sewing through 2014 with you. :o) Thank you for my Christmas goodies! :o) love ya, Trish

Thimbleanna
    January 1, 2014 at 10:50 am

Another great year and mosaic for 2013! I&#39;m thinking 2014 will be even better for you — after all, you&#39;re going to ENGLAND!!!! (Can you tell I&#39;m excited for you?) Happy New Year!!!

amy smart
      January 1, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Yes! That alone is proof that I am going to love 2014!! 🙂

Vicki in MN
    January 2, 2014 at 7:47 am

Nice finishes for 2013! Even though I am sure it takes a lot of time to do quilt tutorials they are much appreciated!

Anna
    January 2, 2014 at 10:31 am

beautiful sewing amy!!!

Suze
    January 2, 2014 at 2:16 pm

I saw your Union Jack baby quilt which led me to your Union Jack quilt. I&#39;m thrilled that you got chances to go to the UK. I&#39;m over 25% British. With a maiden name like Cartwright – can you imagine that. My grandfather came to the States alone when he was 17 to get away from his father. As far as I know, he only returned back to visit his sister once. That was about 1959 when I was

Melissa {polkadot chair}
    January 7, 2014 at 6:05 pm

I loved seeing all of your quilt projects last year! and loved even more getting to hang out with you so often! I&#39;m hoping we get to do it more this year too! <br /><br />