- This is a free Block of the Month quilt along with a new pattern for a 12″ block from a different designer every month.
- Aurifil is sponsoring the BOM and providing thread prizes.
- The challenge fabric was provided to the designers so that it will be a cohesive quilt when it’s finished.
- You can make your blocks using the same fabric (from Moda’s Wishes collection) if you want to, but you don’t need to. You can make your blocks out of any fabric you want. Which is why I’m making mine using the red, gold and gray.
- I don’t know the total amount of fabric required – I will check with Pat. My best guess is a variety of fat quarters will work for the assorted blocks. I don’t know how the quilt will be sashed, but maybe set aside a yard for that as well as a yard for borders, 5/8 yard for binding, and 4 1/2 yards for backing. If you don’t want to guesstimate now, I would say use a variety of colors that you like, rather than one collection, so that you can find coordinating fabric at any point.
This is the block for this month, designed by Brigitte Heitland. Another fun part of this Block of the Month is that you can win awesome Aurifil thread prizes. Just upload pictures of your block to the Aurifil Flickr group to be eligible.
I’m so antsy to catch-up on life, clean-out my sewing space and start working on a long list of projects on my to-do list. Keeping fingers crossed!