Spring Break (?)

It’s been Spring Break from school here with gorgeous weather that is making me crave summer, but I fear is just a tease with plenty of cold days to come first.
We had part of the week in one of our favorite spots – Zion National Park.  It was nice to get away from life (Internet included) for a couple of days. The weather was gorgeous and warm. I grew-up taking the red rocks of southern Utah for granted as a kid. Now I can’t get enough of them. I love Zion especially because the river that runs through it creates lots of green as well. In the fall it’s spectacular.

Unfortunately we needed to cut our trip short because of a couple of sick kids. One who was throwing up and one who had what turned out to be pneumonia! Not fun. The epic week also included celebrating a birthday, Lacrosse practices, first bike-rides and sprinklers, and a trip to Ikea. So in other words, the usual. I’m kind of pooped. Maybe I’m not ready for summer after all.

In good news, my first shipment of Fabulously Fast Quilts arrived the night we got home! I’ll start shipping out the pre-orders this weekend! A million thanks again to all those who ordered one. I’ll be sharing more of the quilts inside as well as Fabulously Fast quilting-tips in the coming weeks. Hopefully you won’t be utterly sick of it by then.

See you next week with an actual finished project to share!

PS: Craftsy is having a sale on bunch of their classes this weekend (including 50% off classes by Camille Roskelly and Angela Walters.)

Craftsy

Emma Jones
    April 12, 2014 at 11:29 am

Sorry to hear one of your children has pneumonia, I am currently recovering from that myself. Your photos of Zion Park are wonderful.

Karen - Quilts...etc.
    April 12, 2014 at 11:30 am

I love the great state of Utah – what fabulous parks y'all have. I have not been to Zion but to most of them on the eastern side of the state – next time we go to Utah we must do the western side! sorry your kids got sick on a trip – no fun.

SewPsyched!
    April 12, 2014 at 11:46 am

Hope everyone is well and on their feet again:) xx

Rebecca Grace
    April 12, 2014 at 11:47 am

Oh, so sorry to hear about the sick kiddos! What a bummer, especially when you had such a fun trip planned for Spring Break. Our Spring Break is next week and we are going NOWHERE — I need to just have a break from the stress of homework, school projects, and running around to the kids' activities. Of course, to make the week REALLY relaxing, I stupidly volunteered to whip up a class

Melissa Corry
    April 12, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Oh man, that stinks that the kiddo's got sick. I bet that made for a long drive home. Here is hoping everyone is feeling better soon. One of these times you come down to Zion you will have to swing by for lunch 🙂 And yippee on your first books arriving. So exciting!!!

Sharon
    April 12, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Congratulations on the book arrival! That must be thrilling. Glad you had a good spring break…hope the kids are better.

Creating Through LIFE
    April 12, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Oh I love that part of the country! Hope everyone is feeling better.

Katy Cameron
    April 12, 2014 at 5:10 pm

I think you need a break to recover from the break o.O Congrats on the books arriving though!

Susan Arrington
    April 12, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Oh wow we had our spring break the first week in March…and snow just started the week off real good lol…course we get out the second week of May…well except for this year…seems the icy weather time off has to be made up at the end of the year…so in for the 3rd week of May…boooo! What is the magazine about? First time of hearing about it…thanks…susan

Shan
    April 12, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures from your trip. Congratulations on your book:).

colleen
    April 12, 2014 at 11:34 pm

So sorry your children were unwell hopefully everyone is feeling fine now<br />I stopped by my local quilt shop and your book was on the counter yesterday so I have it already yipee for me. Kiss the children and hold them close they grow up so quickly

Rose
    April 13, 2014 at 12:42 am

Hi! Hope that kids are recovering well… and congrats for the fabulously fast quilts!<br />I wonder how expensive could it be to order one from Italy… mmmm…<br />The picture you uploaded are simply wonderful! Lucky person you are to live there.<br />I wish you a happy week!<br />R

Hilary
    April 13, 2014 at 7:08 am

I hope your kiddos arrest feeling better! It looks like y&#39;all had a great trip before everyone got sick.

dolores
    April 13, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Ack…I can empathize with you….we had two birthdays this week and two of us were sick so no birthday cakes were made and presents were postponed. But today we saw the cherry blossoms in DC!:)<br /><br />Now I need to go order one of your books cause I totally forgot!:) xoxoox

Kathy
    April 13, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Sorry your vacation was cut short. Hope the kids are getting better. Love that big box of books too! I hope that means that Amazon will have their supply too. I&#39;ve got one pre-ordered through them.

Sharon Swanepoel
    April 14, 2014 at 1:26 am

Hi Amy,<br />I live in Cape Town, South Africa and because of the exchange rate books are generally very expensive here. Can you tell me if your book will be available in bookstores in South Africa?<br />I really love the look of this book and am just starting with quilting and would like to add it to my wish list.<br />Thank you for a lovely blog. xx

amy smart
      April 15, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Thank you Sharon! I don&#39;t know where exactly the publisher ships to and if they ship to international stores. I will ask. I do know the book is available on Amazon here, if that is someplace you can order from. Or you can order it directly from me for $16.99 + 12.00 shipping USD. I hope that helps! Excited that you are starting with quilting!

Thimbleanna
    April 14, 2014 at 3:51 am

Oh no — sorry to hear about the sick kids Amy — I hope everyone is all better now. Our family loves Zion — maybe it&#39;s because my mom worked at the lodge before she got married LOL. Congratulations on the book — I can&#39;t wait to see more!