New Amy Smart Quilt Patterns

I’m so excited today to finally be releasing some long promised patterns. All three of them are found in my Pattern Shop. Let me introduce you.

The first is called Craftsman because I was inspired by windows in Craftsman style houses when I originally designed it. This quilt was created specifically to show off large-scale prints and collections. You can see the original post about this quilt here. It was in a magazine a few years ago and I am finally releasing it for sale in my own shop.

I also made and shared a crib-size version of this quilt last year. Both throw and crib sizes are included in the pattern.

Crossroads is a modern quilt perfect for using up pre-cut 2 1/2” strips. I loved playing with the colors and creating an ombre effect with the fabric choices. This pattern comes in the original crib size as well as throw size and twin size instructions.
You can read my original post about the Crossroads quilt here.

Finally, a new pattern for an old favorite. This pattern was the first quilt pattern I wrote and sold on my site. Last summer I was invited to share it in the August issue of Love Patchwork and Quilting. (It was even the cover girl! You can read more about that here.)

This is actually the third version of this quilt. You can see the original Chain Link quilt here and the second version in grays and pinks here. It’s such a fun quilt for showing off a variety of prints and perfect for 5″ charm squares.

I am now at liberty to sell the pattern in my own shop again. I’ve made some modifications from the original pattern that make assembling this quilt even faster thanks to some new strip-piecing instructions.

As with all of my patterns, these are only available as instant downloadable PDF’s. Thanks to all who have expressed interest in these patterns – not only for their interest in the first place, but also for their patience in waiting for them to finally get done. Woo! and Whew!

Annoying disclaimers: If you are from the EU, please purchase the patterns from my ETSY shop as they are equipped to take care of the VAT issues. ย Thank you!

elnorac
    February 26, 2015 at 10:08 am

Yayyy! So happy to see your new patterns, Amy! The quilt examples are gorgeous, and I love that some of the patterns are written to work with precuts. Also, you were so smart to make Craftsman, a great showcase for big, bold prints! I can definitely envision it sewn with my fave large scale Japanese text prints. Congratulations on the new releases!

Sara Litardo
    February 26, 2015 at 11:39 am

what beautiful quilts!

June Garner
    February 26, 2015 at 12:38 pm

New patterns! So exciting. <br />Renragjd@gmail.com

Cindy
    February 26, 2015 at 1:39 pm

Pretty quilts Amy!

Leslie
    February 26, 2015 at 1:49 pm

i had purchased the chain linked pattern in the past…..would i have to buy it again to get any updates? does the new pattern include sizing it up?

amy smart
      February 27, 2015 at 10:02 am

At this point, the size stays the same, but there are instructions for adding a border to make it a twin size quilt. At some point I hope to figure the math to do multiple sizes, but knowing how long it takes me to get patterns done, I just thought I&#39;d at least get this out there &quot;as is.&quot; ๐Ÿ˜‰ Also, I&#39;m happy to send you the new one. If you&#39;ve already purchased it, don&#39;t

V Hair
    February 26, 2015 at 1:57 pm

Such gorgeous quilts – the Chain Linked in particular is so beautiful in the contrasts

Sandra W
    February 26, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Please consider having these patterns available in paper. I have sworn off buying anymore pdf patterns. Some times they require 30 and 40 pages of printing–and in color!–and are too unwieldy.

amy smart
      February 27, 2015 at 10:22 am

I know that PDF&#39;s aren&#39;t for everyone. Unfortunately, due to limited time resources, I just can&#39;t offer printed patterns at this time. If it&#39;s any help, each of these patterns is no more than 4 pages with very little color. I always set my printer to grayscale when I&#39;m printing patterns, because I hear ya on printing all that color!

Karen
    February 26, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Yay! I have been patiently waiting for Craftsman to be released so that I can make a Safari Moon version just like yours. ๐Ÿ™‚

Brianna
    February 26, 2015 at 6:55 pm

Nice patterns! So versatile.

Sandy
    February 26, 2015 at 10:46 pm

I also purchased the original chain link pattern, and am wondering if the new one has upgrades enough to warrant repurchasing it?

amy smart
      February 27, 2015 at 10:23 am

I think the upgrade makes the pattern a lot faster. Send me an email, and I&#39;ll send you the new version. amy(@)diaryofaquilter.com

Jill
        August 8, 2015 at 8:45 am

Hi Amy

Could you let me know the fabric used for the backing of the chain link quilt featured in issue 12 of Love Patchwork and Quilting.

Many thanks
        Jill

Amy Smart
          August 9, 2015 at 4:26 pm

It’s from Pat Bravo’s Essentials collection for Art Gallery Fabrics. That print is called Deep Wheels.

Ranch Wife
    February 26, 2015 at 11:08 pm

I fell in love with your Craftsman pattern when I first saw it. Such a wonderful design for showcasing pretty fabrics. Thought I&#39;d share the one I made. I&#39;ll be making it again…probably a few more times!<br />http://dirtroadscrapper.blogspot.com/2014/08/floral-boho-quilt.html

amy smart
      February 27, 2015 at 10:24 am

Thank you so much for sharing! I love seeing my patterns in different colors and fabrics. Love yours!

Michele
    February 27, 2015 at 7:15 am

They all look great.

Savvy
    February 27, 2015 at 11:35 am

The patterns are awesome!! Congrats on your releasing them!!

Rebecca Grace
    February 27, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Your pattern designs are always so fresh and fun, Amy.

Jaslynn Joan
    February 28, 2015 at 12:11 am

Your designs are so unique and that crossroad pattern is really amazing…<br />Jaslynn, Bizbilla.com

Patricia
    March 1, 2015 at 6:59 am

Love your craftsman quilt.

Patricia
    March 1, 2015 at 7:01 am

Love your craftsman quilt.