New Lattice Quilt with Dream Weaver by Amy Butler

Excited to share a new finish using Amy Butler’s latest collection, Dream Weaver for Free Spirit fabrics.

Amy Smart Lattice Quilt

This quilt is a remake of my Lattice Quilt pattern. I figured it was time for an update, since the fabrics in the original version are pretty hard to come by now. But since the original looked so good in Amy Butler, I thought why not do it again.

Dream Weaver Lattice Quilt by Amy Smart

This quilt was finished in time to teach this Lattice Quilt pattern as a class at Winter Quiltfest this past weekend. It was so fun to see what fabrics other people used. It’s such a good pattern for showing off big bold prints. A huge shoutout to my friend Diane for being my stunt-double and piecing this one for me in time to take to Quiltfest. And to Melissa from Sew Shabby Quilting for doing the quilting.

Dream Weaver Lattice Quilt

In addition to the Dream Weaver cottons, we also used a piece of the Voile so we could get that darker, ink-y blue in there. We also added a few extra Free Spirit prints to the mix to bring out a few more colors including a red Heather Bailey Clementine print and a gold Anna Maria Horner Folk Song print.

Amy Butler quilt binding

I also added a couple of Amy Butler’s True colors prints, including this bright pink Cotton Blossom Fig that we used for the Cornerstones and Binding. I love the way it pops against the other colors.

New Lattice Quilt by Amy Smart

The Lattice pattern comes in Throw, Twin, Queen, and King sizes and is available in my Pattern Shop. (If you are purchasing from the EU, please buy it from my Etsy shop as they can take care of all the VAT issues. Thanks.)

Dream Weaver is hitting your local quilt shop now. I’ve also seen it available online at Hawthorne Threads, Etsy, and precuts from Craftsy.

Lattice Quilt by Amy Smart - Dream Weaver

I took these snow pictures while I was away teaching last weekend. It’s a rural area and there was lots of gorgeous, fresh snow as a backdrop. I got out of my car to use that awesome fence and ended up in snow up to my knees (which wasn’t part of the original plan when I spotted this location) just to get these shots, soaking my legs in the process. But I think it was worth it. It’s all about paying the price for a great quilt shot, right? 😉

Amy
    January 27, 2016 at 2:48 pm

I made your Brickyard pattern quilt, and I loved it! I am thinking that it is time for me to try another, and the Lattice quilt looks to be right up my alley! I love the color palette!

Amy Smart
      January 27, 2016 at 7:46 pm

Oh that’s so cool! Yes – it’s a good one for plying with and showing-off fabrics.

Janie
    January 27, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Your photos are fabulous and so is that quilt! Thanks for sharing, Amy.

Karen Seitz
    January 27, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Such a gorgeous quit and beautiful photographs! Yes, it was worth it but it wasn’t my legs getting soaked. I hope your drive home was easier then mine. 🙂

Amy Smart
      January 27, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Thanks Karen. It was so much fun to meet you!! I felt bad that I didn’t say goodbye the last day. I was having tire issues and so worried about getting home in the storm that I snuck out early. Sounds like your drive was not fun. Yikes. Glad you made it home eventually, but sorry for the stress! Great to see you. I hope our paths cross again! xo

Hilary
    January 27, 2016 at 5:00 pm

This is really gorgeous! I am making a quilt with Amy Butler fabrics right now, and I just adore how bright and colorful they are!

Amy Smart
      January 27, 2016 at 7:43 pm

They are so pretty! So much cheerful color.

Karen Seitz
    January 27, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Such a beautiful quilt and gorgeous photographs! Yes, it was worth it, but they weren’t my legs getting soaked. 🙂 I hope your drive home was easier than mine.

Sandra b
    January 27, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Love this quilt, Amy! The fabrics and colors are awesome! What a beautiful backdrop for the photos!

Diane
    January 27, 2016 at 6:53 pm

Love the pictures! Love the quilt! Great pull! (You so didn’t need to give me a shout-out. I thought my sewing was our little secret!

Amy Smart
      January 27, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Of course I’m going to give you a shout-out! You helped so much! I couldn’t have done it without you.

Beverly {Flamingo Toes}
    January 27, 2016 at 6:59 pm

It’s gorgeous Amy!! I love how it shows off the prints so much!

Amy Smart
      January 27, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Thanks Bev! They’re such fun prints to show off!

Jocelyn
    January 27, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Beautiful!

Jerusha Beckstead
    January 27, 2016 at 10:28 pm

I am so glad that you gave the added the added fabric details, they fit in perfect and I might be searching them out because just like you said they finish it beautifully… a pop of color here, some added variation there. Thanks Amy, for sharing your talents with us.

Lizzie
    January 28, 2016 at 2:50 am

Oh, what a beautiful update! Super that you had such a good sunny double, longarmer, and quilt staging technician! There’s nothing as fine as snowy light for quilts. That AB True Colors print for binding (and cornerstones?) really makes this sparkle!

Susan
    January 28, 2016 at 4:25 am

Love it, Amy! And you are right, this is a great pattern to show off big bold prints that get lost when you cut small pieces. You can really showcase the fabrics in this one!

Kathleen
    January 28, 2016 at 7:31 am

These fabrics are beautiful together! Wish it came as a kit!

Cindy Pilkington
    January 28, 2016 at 7:42 am

Beautiful choice of colors! Thanks for sharing!

Tawnya
    January 28, 2016 at 11:27 am

Beautiful quilt! Do you ever make kits?

Becky G.
    January 28, 2016 at 11:35 am

Such pretty, cheerful fabrics–and it looks great against the snowy back-drop!

L
    January 28, 2016 at 2:28 pm

That looks so beautiful Amy! The Blossom Fig cornerstones and binding are the crowning touch – Wonderful!

Jamie
    January 28, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Gorgeous! I love how you remade a quilt! Wish I had more time to do that. The colors in this are so beautiful!

Amber
    January 31, 2016 at 2:43 pm

So fab Amy! I found your blog through U Create and I’m so happy that I did. Love your quilts and the fabric that you use are so pretty.;) Like the colors and pattern.

I featured your Valentine’s throw pillow project that I found on U Create so I thought I would drop here to personally tell you and thank you. Here is the link of the post, http://sewingmadesimple.net/valentines-day-gifts-to-sew/

Carol
    February 6, 2016 at 12:14 pm

BEAUTIFUL! Bought your pattern and some Amy Butler fabrics. Have never set a quilt on point before. Any notes, tips or videos available from the Winter Quiltfest on how to keep it from stretching on the bias? Thanks.