Checking in from QuiltCon

QUILTCON

A quick hello from QuiltCon. This week has been a whirlwind. So much to see and take in. So many inspiring people. And lots to share.

DSC08936

I’ll take some time to process it and am looking forward to sharing later this week. In the meantime, you can see more of what’s been happening on Instagram. Also the front page of yesterday’s LA Times.

Debbie
    February 21, 2016 at 10:24 am

oh my gosh! I’ve been waiting/hoping to see a wide-view photo like your first in this post. THANK YOU! Can I reshare on my blog?? Love the close-up of the give-away (forget the right word) quilt too. Can’t wait to see more this week…

Karen Seitz
    February 21, 2016 at 10:48 pm

Those two photos are such teasers. I can’t wait for you to share more!

Sharon
    February 21, 2016 at 10:53 pm

It was so nice to meet you at Quilt Con! Thanks for a great class on strip piecing. I really enjoyed it! Hope you had a nice flight back home! Cheers. Sharon (SewPank )

Gail
    February 22, 2016 at 8:32 am

Love this blog.

Carol
    February 22, 2016 at 8:35 am

This was my first QuiltCon. it was weird seeing quilters that I know through their blogs or Instagram accounts. It was hard to not walk up to you and say, “Hi Amy” like we were long lost friends. I had to tell myself, “You know who she is, but she has no idea who you are. You don’t want to scare the poor woman” But I did enjoy the class I took with your friend Jeni Baker.

Amy Smart
      February 22, 2016 at 11:28 am

Oh, no! I would have loved to meet you Carol. I truly love it when people come introduce themselves. But I get it – I feel the same way about going up to people who I follow, but don’t know me. πŸ˜‰ Next time, let’s meet!

Rosemary Bolton
    February 22, 2016 at 8:32 pm

WOW Beautiful quilts.
    I will check instagram. I bet it was great fun for you

KatHy CummIngs
    February 23, 2016 at 2:56 pm

I love their selection and the chambrays.
    Thank you.

Neil Morang
    March 12, 2016 at 2:10 am

I love this backing- it s a perfect companion to the front, it works with the binding, I like the play of the stripes with the quilting lines- AND- it was on sale!