Happy Mother’s Day!

Image (1)

A tale of two women: these two women were born within 2 months of each other, on opposite coasts: one in Maine, grandchild of Italian Catholic immigrants and the other in California, grandchild of British and Scandinavian Mormon pioneers. They both had their first baby within 2 weeks of each other, one in Nuremberg, Germany, the other in Salt Lake City, Utah. One of those babies was me. The other was the person I’m married to.

They’ve both worked and sacrificed and loved and tried and probably cried a bit too andΒ I consider myself forever blessed to call both of them mother and grandmother of my own children. I love them both so much!

Happy Mother’s Day to all you other women who sacrifice and serve and try and cry and love. Keep going. You’re amazing.

meme-holland-mothers-1578524-print

Needle and Foot
    May 8, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Happy Mother’s Day Amy. Such a sweet post. 😊

June @ QuiltQuest
    May 8, 2016 at 11:25 pm

How nice to have the photos!

Lara B.
    May 9, 2016 at 7:37 am

A beautiful post Amy! Happy Mother’s Day to you!

Karlane Belaire
    May 9, 2016 at 11:45 am

Your class sounds like great fun.

Helen white
    May 11, 2016 at 10:38 pm

I had wonderful parents ns blessed to have had them. 56 years ago today I underwent “Pioneer Days” of open heart surgery and an alive today to celebrate this occasion even tho they have passed. I would not have liked to have been in their shoes at the time. No guarantees at the time for survival. I had a stoke and died on the table and no I did not see the white light, and would not wanted this, I loved my parents and wanted to be with them. Just learned of the letter 2 years ado/ I wanted to wait o see heaven just yet I am not 73, retired high school teacher from western SD and will be working on 2nd and 3 rd Masters Degrees this summer – . Military Psychology and Criminolog. quilting in between.y

Anne
    May 28, 2016 at 6:07 pm

This is so beautiful. My husband is half Italian. His entire Italian side is so warm and loving. I am so glad you have wonderful mom and MIL.