Quilt With Love

Quilt With Love

I’m back. It’s been a busy week! Launching the Craftsy Class, finishing sewing for Quilt Market and then attending Quilt Market itself. All really good things.

Quilt Market is a semi-annual trade show for the Quilting and Sewing industry. This is where designers and manufacturers preview their upcoming products to be released in the months ahead. I got really lucky this year because Market was in Salt Lake City – my hometown and only about 40 min away from where I live now. I loved attending, seeing lots of pretty displays, quilts, and fabric. Best of all was seeing people that I’ve come to know and respect over the last 5 years.

Quilt Market Spring 2016

I took lots of pictures and plan to share more. I’ll work on processing it all this week so that I can share in a coherent post. In the mean time, here’s a snippet of some of my favorite things. Starting top left and going clockwise: Gorgeous pillow display from Art Gallery Fabrics, the cuteness and creative genius that is Lori Holt, Riley Blake solids, including this awesome vintage pixelated rose design by Trish, One Room Schoolhouse fabric by Brenda Ratliff for RJR (coming out later this summer), the introduction of fabric from Rifle Paper Company (definitely a hit), and cute quilts and vintage turquoise sewing machine in Bonnie’s booth for Moda.

And don’t you love that Quilt With Love display in the top photo? It was part of the RJR booth.

IMG_0057

Speaking of quilts with love – here’s my stack that I need to tackle and turn into a quilt this week before school gets out on Friday. (yikes. On so many levels) This one is for a teacher that has been an angel for us. This is my third kid to have her and she deserves so much more, but a quilt is going to have to suffice for the moment.

Robby
    May 23, 2016 at 3:18 pm

I loved your IG feed over the weekend, so look forward to your post. As the child of two teachers, hearing how your kids have enjoyed and grown in knowing this teacher will be something they will treasure. Especially on one of those days when it’s feeling like a thankless job. But the quilt will just make that tangible.

Karen Seitz
    May 23, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Please share the completed quilt when you have time. I look forward to your comprehensive post on Spring Quilt Market!

kathyinmn
    May 23, 2016 at 8:05 pm

I too can’t wait to see the teacher quilt. And more from market!

Katie S
    May 23, 2016 at 10:51 pm

I always enjoy your posts. I look forward to seeing the completed orange, brown and blue quilt. I just completed an orange and white hourglass quilt for someone who loves orange, and now I’m looking for inspiration on what to make with all of the scraps.

archer1955
    May 23, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Interesting colors for the teacher’s quilt. I too would like to see the finished product.

Betsy
    May 24, 2016 at 4:03 am

Amy oranges are my favorite colors. I love your selection

Buffy
    May 24, 2016 at 7:11 am

Love that pile of orangey goodness! Can’t wait to see what it comes…sort has itching for fall on our first hot day of spring! Ha!

tierneycreates
    May 24, 2016 at 7:35 am

Love the fabric plies and other photos.

Estefania
    May 24, 2016 at 9:44 am

Hi Amy, it was amazing to be at the market and really nice and wonderful to meet you there… you are as cute as I thought :o)
    I can not wait to see your new quilt.
    Lot of kisses… Estefania (the Spanish girl ;o)

Amy Smart
      May 24, 2016 at 12:13 pm

It was so wonderful to meet you too!! Thank you so much for stopping me. I loved it! Happy travels!

Sarah@123quilt
    May 24, 2016 at 9:46 am

That lovely stack is going to make a wonderful quilt for that teacher. I can’t wait to see what you make.

Karen
    May 24, 2016 at 10:58 am

Amy, as a retired teacher, I never expected and was always blown away by a handmade gift–made by students or parents! I still treasure a (two pieces of fleece tied together on the edges) blanket that one 3rd grader made and a very lovingly 100% student designed and sewn pillow made by a 4th grader to cushion my arm that I broke tripping over a chair in my classroom πŸ™‚ Your special teacher will love your gift–and understand if it arrives after school is out πŸ™‚

Nicol
    June 10, 2016 at 9:20 am

Yes yes I do love Quilt with love photo, so preeeety! πŸ™‚