Pretty Playtime Quilt Sampler

Pretty Playtime Quilts Elea Lutz

Elea Lutz, designer for Penny Rose Fabrics (an arm of Riley Blake) has a sweet new book out called Pretty Playtime Quilts. For 16 weeks, the Fat Quarter Shop is hosting a blog tour featuring a new block each week from the Garden Fairy sampler quilt from the book, featuring her latest fabric collection, Strawberry Biscuit. (I’m a big fan of Elea and love her cute, vintage style.)

Not only does the book contain 15 different block patterns for the Sampler quilt but there are also 6 additional quilt/project patterns made from the fun variety of block patterns. It’s a really pretty book full of unique blocks and patterns. (And the fact that it is spiral bound for easy sitting, is a nice bonus!)

Blog-Header (1)

Each week the FQS blog, the Jolly Jabber is featuring one of the blocks from the book made by a different quilter. This week it’s my turn to share block 4: the Star Block.

Elea Lutz Pretty Playtime Star

I’m such a sucker for traditional patchwork and loved pulling fabric and putting this Star Block together. The finished size for this block is 12″ x 12″.

Patchwork Star Garden Fairy Sampler Quilt

gardenfairy-900

There are so many cute, unique quilt blocks in this design. It would be such a fun quilt to make scrappy. Or the Fat Quarter Shop is also selling a Garden Fairy Sampler kit if you would like to make your own using Elea’s Strawberry Biscuit fabric.

You can also see more of the blocks and posts at these blogs on their dates:

Week 2 – Erin from Why Not Sew?
Week 3 – Wynn from Zakka Art
Week 4 – Anorian from Samelia’s Mum
Week 5 – Amy from Diary of a Quilter (you are here 😉 )
Week 6 – Renee from Sewn with Grace

What a sweet block!~

LINDA
    June 13, 2016 at 11:02 am

THANKS SO FOR SHARING!!!

Elea
    June 13, 2016 at 11:58 am

So exciting to see your beautiful block, Amy! I love the colors and prints you chose. Such a longtime fan of your gorgeous work – and so fun to quilt along with you! Thank you for sharing your inspiration! Hugs, Elea

Amy Betts
    June 13, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Oh, I love that block! What is the name of the background fabric (If you know it)? I love all the words.

Amy Smart
      June 14, 2016 at 12:33 pm

Isn’t it great? It’s from Sweetwater’s Volume II collection for Moda. All the words are the names of real quilt shops! I even found my LQS’s names in the fabric! It’s available in stores now.

Amy Betts
        June 14, 2016 at 12:35 pm

Oh, that is fabulous! I don’t live in an area big enough to have our LQS on it (our has actually only been open a couple months after the former one shut down), but I love the idea behind it! Thank you for the information!

Brittney
    June 14, 2016 at 5:55 am

I love your fabric choices! That wordy fabric is darling! I may have to find something similar for my next project!

Amy Smart
      June 14, 2016 at 12:31 pm

Isn’t it fun? It’s from Sweetwater’s Volume II collection – it’s available in stores now. I know this because I just went and bought some more yesterday, lol. 😉

Cheryl Fewell-Brown
    June 14, 2016 at 8:00 am

I’m a little behind. I purchased the kits from FQS for my granddaughters Ally (7) and Pyper (1). My goal is to make them a quilt every year and this year it is the Pretty Playtime Quilt Sampler. I just finished the bows last night and posted on Instagram along with my practice block that I am making out of Little Ruby. I have never done a kit before so I am paranoid I am going to do something wrong, waste the fabric and won’t have enough! Love, love, love the fabric and the quilt! It is pushing my skill level. I swear I have ripped out more seams than I can ever remember! But then I work full time and sew in the evenings, that may have something to do with it! Have a great day!

Amy Smart
      June 14, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Good for you! What a sweet thing do do for your granddaughters and a great way to build your own skills! Thanks so much for sharing.

Pretty Playtime Quilt Along…Duck Row | SewMod
    August 22, 2016 at 6:09 am

[…] at Zakka Art Week 4: Tooth Fairy Block-Anorian at Samelia’s Mum Week 5: Star Block-Amy at Diary Of A Quilter Week 6: Bowtie Block-Renee at Sewn With Grace Week 7: Cottage Block-Jemima at Tied With A Ribbon […]