Watchtower Quilt Pattern now available

Modern Southwest Quilt

You may remember this quilt that I finished last winter. I named it Watchtower because it was inspired in part by the scenery and architecture we saw on our trip to the Grand Canyon last fall.

Amy Smart Watchtower Quilt Pattern full

Well the pattern for the quilt is finally finished. I decided to add fabric requirements and instructions for Throw, Queen, and King size variations as well. I’m sorry it tookΒ so much longer than I anticipated. But it’s ready! You can buy it in my shop here. (If you are buying from the EU, please buy it through my Etsy shop as they can take care of the VAT.)

Amy Smart Quilt pattern WatchtowerWe took a quick tripΒ to Capitol Reef National Park at the beginning of the summer. It’s such a gorgeous setting with the perfect south-westish feel so naturally I smuggled the quilt with us on the trip so I could grab some pictures.

Capitol Reef Quilt pattern by Amy Smart

I am SO pleased with how well the pictures turned out! It’s always a gamble depending on lighting, weather, children’s patience, etc. and all of those things seemed to work together perfectly for this quilt-photo-shoot.

This shot is my favorite with the pioneer barn and orchards in Fruita in the background combined with that signature red rock. And of course, another horse. πŸ™‚

Art Gallery Fabrics Artisan Quilt Pattern

The fabric I used for this project is Artisan by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics. You can read more about the fabric and the perfect quilting by Melissa of Sew Shabby Quilting on this post here. Artisan Fabrics available from the Fat Quarter Shop.

Watchtower Pattern Cover

CLICK HERE TO BUY PATTERN

As previously mentioned the pattern is now available in my Pattern Shop (as well as Etsy for all of you EU folks).(Pattern is available only as a PDF at the current time but fingers crossed hard copies will be available for personal purchase and shops by this fall!)

And as a big thank you for being such loyal (and patient!) friends and followers, the pattern is available for 30% off through August 1 with code WATCHTOWER. (Works both for Pattern Shop and ETSY.)

Watchtower Quilt Pattern Capitol Reef

category-moving

One more Public Service Announcement: Honey Be Good Fabrics is moving! Since they don’t want to haul lots of fabric bolts across the country, they are having an excellent sale right now – 30% off all in-stock fabric. Since Honey Be Good specializes in organic fabrics (which can cost a little more) this is a great time to get some good stuff at great prices!

Alejandra
    July 28, 2016 at 5:51 am

Love your quilt, so beautiful, fabric and color are perfect, stunning pictures!

Sharon Browne
    July 28, 2016 at 12:57 pm

This quilt is just gorgeous! The colors and design complement each other perfectly, and the site of the photo shoot is ideal. I love the polka dot border. Is that a print or appliqued?

Sandra B
    July 28, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Amazing quilt, Amy! Love the colors….and the scenery for the photo shoot is awesome!

Robby
    July 28, 2016 at 2:13 pm

This is a beautiful quilt, so many color options would work with it, too. Now, about that horse…

Karen Seitz
    July 28, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Photo #4 should be entered in a competition. It would win!

Clare
    July 29, 2016 at 2:43 am

I really love the colour combination, I usually star far away from yellows any type and this make me want to use some! Great balance.

Sarah
    July 29, 2016 at 6:51 am

You are gonna turn me into a quilter. Your location pictures are beautiful. That’s one of my favorite places and your quilt fits perfectly there.

pamelajs56
    July 30, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Gorgeous!

Annabelle Hammer
    July 31, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Lovely quilt, Amy! I am also enjoying your Craftsy Precuts class. You have a nice and easy teaching style. Capitol Reef is one of my favorite places to visit also. In 2012, my husband and I flew into Salt Lake City, rented an RV, picked up our son from the Univ. of Utah, and visited some of Utah’s national parks. Capitol Reef was not as crowded as Bryce and Zion, and that’s one reason I liked it better. I also liked the old buildings and we took some great hikes.

Amy Smart
      August 4, 2016 at 9:42 am

That is so great! We love Zion and Bryce, but also love Capitol Reef for the same reason you mentioned – a lot less crowded!

And thank you so much for your kind words on my Craftsy class. I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

Finished Quilt in Zion National Park - Diary of a Quilter - a quilt blog
    October 22, 2016 at 9:55 pm

[…] of course, because it’s my tradition (see here, here, here), Β I hauled along a quilt to photograph at the National Park. I finally got the […]