The Quilter’s Planner 2017

Quilter's Planner quilt by Amy Smart

A few months ago Stephanie Palmer invited me to contribute a quilt and corresponding pattern to the 2017 edition of the Quilter’s Planner. I was blown away when I got a sneak peak of the photos Kitty Wilkin shot for the publication. Aren’t they gorgeous? She shot them on location at the coast of Maine, near her home.

Amy Smart Double Crossed Pattern

This quilt was made using Bari J’s Millie Fleur collection for Art Gallery Fabrics.

Loop d Loop quilting by Sew Shabby Quilting

The quilting on this one was done by Melissa of Sew Shabby Quilting. I love those loop-d-loops! They’ve become a favorite. Also a huge shout out to my friend Diane Woodward for being my stunt-double on the piecing of this one.   Quilter's Planner

The Quilter’s Planner is a beautiful spiral bound calendar and quilt planner all in one. There are pages for to-do lists as well as planning and organizing your sewing projects.

THe Quilter's Planner pages

There is lot’s of quilting inspiration and motivation AND there are 14 quilt patterns (gorgeously photographed) from amazing quilt designers, including Amy Friend of During Quiet TimeAmy Sinibaldi of Nana and Co.,AnneMarie Chany of GenXQuiltersCheryl Brickey of Meadow Mist DesignsChrista Watson of Christa QuiltsKaren Lewis of Karen Lewis TextilesKari Vojtechovsky of Craft-HappyKatie Blakesley of Swim Bike QuiltLee Monroe of May ChappellLindsey Rhodes of LR StitchedRita Hodge of Red Pepper QuiltsStephanie Palmer of Late Night Quilter, Yvonne Fuchs of Quilting Jetgirl and my Double Crossed quilt seen here.

Amy Smart Quilter's Planner

You can learn more about and pre-order your copy of The Quilter’s Planner here. I can’t wait to get my hands on one!

PS: If you’d like gorgeous photos of your own quilts, contact Kitty Wilkin. You can see more of her work here.

CherylB
    September 6, 2016 at 6:52 am

What a gorgeous quilt! The photo amazing as well!!! I love to check your blog daily,Amy, for beautiful inspiration. Thank you

Robby
    September 6, 2016 at 9:10 am

I admit, I’m not sure how much this planner will help me get organized (lifetime challenge, ha), but your pattern was one of the things that convinced me I needed it. And Kitty’s photos certainly didn’t hurt. I may not be more organized, but I’ll have a lot of beauty to enjoy while I’m procrastinating on the To Do list.

Amy Smart
      September 6, 2016 at 12:37 pm

Haha – I hear you. I’m hoping it will at least help me pretend to be more organized! 😉 Thanks for your nice words, Robby!

Ioleen
    September 6, 2016 at 9:42 am

Beautiful photos. I was very lucky to win the planner last year so there was no hesitation in ordering this year. All the beautiful pictures are a bonus.

jodie
    September 6, 2016 at 5:52 pm

That quilt is great and the photography is awesome – love everythig about it

Ruth
    September 7, 2016 at 7:50 am

Very pretty – quilt and the landscape too. Great choice in scenery for the quilt!

Summer Daisy
    September 8, 2016 at 10:34 am

Such a beautiful quilt! Great job ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Karen
    September 8, 2016 at 12:44 pm

I love the color contrasts in your quilt–really sets off your design. Kitty takes wonderful photos–her blog is filled with color palettes (often from nature), quilting, handwork, and even the occasional cutie pie kiddo–all viewed through her gifted photographer’s eye.

Toni
    September 8, 2016 at 7:24 pm

This is a lovely planner. It’s pricey but has lots of extras.

pennylanequilts
    September 10, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Great photo! I can’t wait to receive my planner. I’ve been practicing in a generic planner in hopes of getting myself in the habit of being organized before the “real” one arrives!