New Gingham Girls Pattern – A Stitch in Time

Finally sharing my fourth pattern from the new Gingham Girls collection – this one is called A Stitch in Time. It’s based on very traditional quilting (nine-patch) designs and I really like way the fabrics and the design work together for this the old-fashioned feel.

This pattern is precuts (2 1/2″ strips) friendly and comes together quickly with strip-piecing techniques.

I pieced a back for this one featuring the red gingham daisies and the yellow calico print.

I really wanted to round out the 4 patterns with a little something for everyone: something slightly more modern, beginner friendly, traditional, medallion, and scrappy. I love seeing the way they all look together.

And now all of the hard copy patterns are available and shipping now. They are listed in my shop. Feel free to contact me with any questions about wholesale.

Also, check out this darling sewing kit made by Heidi of Fabric Mutt using Gingham Girls. It’s so fun to see what other people are doing with this fabric.

Heidi has a tutorial for this sewing kit on her blog. Wouldn’t it make a great gift for a sewing-friend?

Finally, for anyone planning to be in Utah in a few weeks: American Quilting in Orem, Utah is hosting a Gingham Girls Party! Friday, May 12 from 6:30-8:00. Come chat with other quilt-y and party like it’s 1979. 😉 You can even wear Gingham if you want!

Lea Anne Brummett
    May 2, 2017 at 5:54 am

I want them all! This line is just so darn vintage and cute.

Robby H.
    May 2, 2017 at 7:05 am

That design seems like the perfect compliment to your fabrics. I also saw you’re the Daily Deal over at MSQC! That should get the word out.

Amy Smart
      May 2, 2017 at 9:42 am

What?! That’s so awesome! Thanks for letting me know!

Renee
    May 2, 2017 at 9:42 am

I just love your fabric line. (I’m queencitymama89 on instagram. ;)) I would love to see the piecing on the back of the quilt!

Nancy Ponce Andrade
    May 2, 2017 at 10:05 am

If I’m getting the daily deal from MSQC, how many of the 5″ packages would I need? Can anyone help me with that information?

Amy Smart
      May 6, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Sorry, Nancy – just seeing this comment. This pattern would be tricky with the 5″ charms. It’s written with 2 1/2″ strips in mind.

Vicki
    May 2, 2017 at 12:31 pm

Are those binding clips I spy in the top photo? Heee hee!
    I love this line, and these patterns compliment your fabrics so well! Well done you!

Amy Smart
      May 4, 2017 at 10:13 pm

Haha! Yes! Good eye. 😉 (I totally forgot about them until I looked at the pictures I shot. Doh!)

Susan Shaw
    May 3, 2017 at 12:47 am

I love gingham. I had baby blue gingham curtain in my daughter’s room when she was born. Back then we had no clue the gender of the baby. My mom made red gingham dresses for her mom, herself and me and red gingham shirts for my brothers. We wore them when we went shopping. If I, the baby of the family, got lost I was to look for someone with red gingham to find a member of the family. I always knew where one of us were. It was a sense of security. It was long before we had an idea of stranger danger. I love your fabrics. Your patterns are awesome. I love the secondary stars in this last pattern. I had to really concentrate to see them because of the difference in fabrics – every now and then, I’d catch a glimpse.

Jocelyn
    May 3, 2017 at 8:53 am

What an adorable quilt! Love the color combination!

farmhousequiltsblog
    May 3, 2017 at 9:15 am

Yet another adorable quilt! I love them all, but then I think I am just a little bit in love with that fabric so any quilt pattern is going to look great! Your Gingham party sounds like fun and I hope you will share some pictures of it too!

lizrehrauer
    May 3, 2017 at 6:14 pm

That red gingham with the daisies is THE BEST.

Rebecca Hunter
    May 5, 2017 at 2:06 am

I think this is my favourite! I have been reading your blog for quite a few years now, and really enjoy the quilts as well as your scenery. (I spent some years in the US as a child, and we went bushwalking in lots of national parks on our holidays). Now I need to find an Australian retailer for Gingham Girls; it is a must have for this hoarder!